Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Tacoma
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I find the R1S build quality is light-years better than my R1T.
Interesting…. Must be the luck of the draw.
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Interesting…. Must be the luck of the draw.
TOTALLY the luck of the draw. I was very concerned when switching. Only explanation I have is mine was built in the middle of the quarter. End of the quarter builds are under a wee bit more pressure to hit eoq numbers.

Opa

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Tacoma
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

TOTALLY the luck of the draw. I was very concerned when switching. Only explanation I have is mine was built in the middle of the quarter. End of the quarter builds are under a wee bit more pressure to hit eoq numbers.
That would make perfect sense. Got mine at the end of June! Still a pretty great truck, but it has rattled that my R1T never had. Also I have a steering wheel squeak (like cable wind up) when turning the steering wheel. Minor annoyances, but probably need to make rivian aware and do something about it.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
That would make perfect sense. Got mine at the end of June! Still a pretty great truck, but it has rattled that my R1T never had. Also I have a steering wheel squeak (like cable wind up) when turning the steering wheel. Minor annoyances, but probably need to make rivian aware and do something about it.
That explains it. My R1T was a June 30 delivery built in June. 😂

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Just traded my 17000 mile early VIN R1T for an R1S last month. Rivian gave me $69k for it. With the tax offset and since most Ts with those kind of miles we’re going for mid-low 70’s I did the trade. With the tax offset it made better sense and less hassle. FWIW, I honestly think the build quality of my T was better than my recently acquired S.
I find the R1S build quality is light-years better than my R1T.
Funny. I took delivery of an R1S a few weeks ago. Keeping both vehicles. My initial impressions were that the R1S had such better build quality. I think that’s still true in terms of wind noise. However, my R1S is currently at the service center. It was delivered with a crack in the roof glass, which is being repaired. I’ve also had some other weird glitches with it - front camera distortion, GPS weirdness, and the other day my phone as key and keycards suddenly stopped working. Rivian remote lock commands also did not work.

I’m confident all can be fixed, but wind noise is definitely a lot better compared to my R1T. My wife picked up my R1T today from the local service center for some “customer satisfaction campaign“ work including the driver’s side vent window for wind noise. She said the wind noise is much worse. I’ll check it out when I get back in town. I did have some major issues with my R1T (new high voltage battery, new 12V batteries, inability to L3 charge), but it’s been pretty rock solid ever since. The wind noise is more of an annoyance, but truck has been running quite well. Will try the recently posted fix from our Dubai member when I return.

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Funny. I took delivery of an R1S a few weeks ago. Keeping both vehicles. My initial impressions were that the R1S had such better build quality. I think that’s still true in terms of wind noise. However, my R1S is currently at the service center. It was delivered with a crack in the roof glass, which is being repaired. I’ve also had some other weird glitches with it - front camera distortion, GPS weirdness, and the other day my phone as key and keycards suddenly stopped working. Rivian remote lock commands also did not work.

I’m confident all can be fixed, but wind noise is definitely a lot better compared to my R1T. My wife picked up my R1T today from the local service center for some “customer satisfaction campaign“ work including the driver’s side vent window for wind noise. She said the wind noise is much worse. I’ll check it out when I get back in town. I did have some major issues with my R1T (new high voltage battery, new 12V batteries, inability to L3 charge), but it’s been pretty rock solid ever since. The wind noise is more of an annoyance, but truck has been running quite well. Will try the recently posted fix from our Dubai member when I return.

My R1S had a cracked roof glass too. Rivian noticed it before delivery. They fixed it and delivered the car to me a few days later.

My R1T on the other hand bricked a few months after delivery. Rivian replaced the battery and rear drive unit. The front camera filled with water this past winter. I will say that Rivian was AWESOME with getting everything sorted very quickly. Once everything was fix the truck was solid.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Just accepted my trade-I’m offer for $68.4k on my Launch Edition w 13,800 miles on it. Had just thrown on new tires but don’t mind if a buyer gets the benefit.

Ready for my blacked out R1S now.

SurfnBike

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TMY
Clubs

Has anyone else done this recently? I am on the fence as whether or not to turn in my R1T purchased May of '23 for an R1S in the next few months because our family is growing and we will no longer be able to fit in the R1T!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Has anyone else done this recently? I am on the fence as whether or not to turn in my R1T purchased May of '23 for an R1S in the next few months because our family is growing and we will no longer be able to fit in the R1T!
Lots of threads on recent trade ins, use the search function
Sponsored