Sponsored

Anyone have the email contact info for RJ's office?

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
poor Tony's about to get a bunch of emails :)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
As the original starter for the thread, I wanted to share an update to say I finally have my plates! I emailed RJ (before Tony's contact info was known) and it was immediately (on a Saturday) forwarded and things started moving very quick. By last Tuesday I had a tracking number and by last Thursday I had the package. I was out of town so I didn't get to the DOL until today. Self-registration was super smooth. In and out in less than 30min. I also got a quick email follow-up from RJ to make sure things were OK.

Looking back, my biggest complaint was the fact that I was stuck in limbo and nobody at Rivian was actively managing my specific issue. Sure, they might have been instituting new processes or new training, but I'm convinced I would still be without plates if I hadn't escalated the issue. I shared in my email to RJH how the guide role should have been the key to making this a minor speedbump rather than a full-stop.

tldr; squeaky wheel gets the grease.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
As the original starter for the thread, I wanted to share an update to say I finally have my plates! I emailed RJ (before Tony's contact info was known) and it was immediately (on a Saturday) forwarded and things started moving very quick. By last Tuesday I had a tracking number and by last Thursday I had the package. I was out of town so I didn't get to the DOL until today. Self-registration was super smooth. In and out in less than 30min. I also got a quick email follow-up from RJ to make sure things were OK.

Looking back, my biggest complaint was the fact that I was stuck in limbo and nobody at Rivian was actively managing my specific issue. Sure, they might have been instituting new processes or new training, but I'm convinced I would still be without plates if I hadn't escalated the issue. I shared in my email to RJH how the guide role should have been the key to making this a minor speedbump rather than a full-stop.

tldr; squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I have my plates now too but wish I would have escalated the issue like you did because I ended up running in circles for longer than necessary while nobody at Rivian was actively trying to resolve my registration woes. When I called RegUSA, they made it clear that my guide could call them and find out the exact status of my registration and get all of the details about where things were. Unfortunately, my guide (nor anyone else at Rivian for that matter) couldn’t be bothered to call them to at least find out where I stood or what the issue was. His response was that “the T&R department handles all of that and I’m just a middle man”.

I hope Rivian has everything buttoned up in this process and isn’t continuing to leave their customers hanging because it really soured my initial experience with the company and could have easily been solved with a modicum of effort on their end.

Last edited:

Sponsored

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
@User433 did you get your sales tax refund as well? It's been over two weeks for me and crickets.

OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
Not yet. It was supposed to be sent out on Friday. Not sure if it's coming via UPS or regular USPS. I'm going to email the guy tomorrow if I haven't seen anything.

OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
In WA you can get a get a 90 day temp with title pending from the DOL.

In many states, they will plate without titling complete. Not WA, they hold the physical plate hostage to the title paperwork.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
This is an old thread but what do you do if you try to escalate and issue and the supervisor at customer service refuses to talk to you?
Sponsored