Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

If that is the most negative review then I think Rivian knocked it out of the park. Most of his complaints are things that can't actually be addressed except by waiting, since they mostly amount to "yet unproven".
This is my thoughts exactly. She's a car critic. Up til now, my biggest gripe with these reviews was a lack of critique. And she's right that it isn't a work truck. But you wouldn't see very many businesses buying it to begin with. They'll be going for the F150 Lightning Pro, and they should. It's more suited for that and Ford is very much targeting fleet buyers. The R1T is for a different market and Rivian has mostly nailed it.

Things of note to me:
- After seeing so many blown tires, its clear to see that the Pirelli ATs are garbage. I've put my Falken ATs (and MTs) through MUCH rougher trails and never had a flat. I'm still concerned by Rivian's decision to offer only 20" wheels with off road tires. I'm curious to know if I can fit 19" aftermarket wheels with better tires.
- Her comment on service centers is correct but I think it's a failure on either hers or Rivian PR to not mention that multiple service centers are under construction at this moment.
- I call BS on her tire jack comments. That "plastic frisbee" is well thought out. I have something similar to that for jacking my jeep. But this 'frisbee' looks more stable.
- Other than the tire, she had a lot of praise to throw out on the R1T's off road ability. That's very important to me.
- Her comments on the seats remains one of the reason I want to get my butt into an R1T before I put any money down on it. I hope I can do that soonish.
Sponsored

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
- Her comments on the seats remains one of the reason I want to get my butt into an R1T before I put any money down on it. I hope I can do that soonish.
The Motortrend guys crossed the country in it and were totally comfortable but the snarky city chic with a razor blade necklace couldn't last for 9 hours...hmmmm....... :like:

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
I wouldn’t worry about the tires too much either. Most of the journalists were novices at best when it came to off roading so it could have been inexperience. IIRC, MT only had one flat on TaT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I wouldn’t worry about the tores too much either. Most of the journalists were novices at best when it came to off roading so it could have been inexperience. IIRC, MT only had one flat on TaT.
Agreed, driver experience was likely a factor. MT also showed the TRX with a flat and that, if it was running the stock tire, would have been a Goodyear Wrangler Territory AT. Flats can happen in serious offroading, it's not just this Pirelli on the Rivian.
Sponsored