Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Agree @rivianguy - not seen in this part of the log is a few chat bubbles above I told her
and to be clear - I know you're just stuck in the middle. Since I don't have a guide, CS is my only point of contact and I'm in a place of desperately needing information so that I can make decisions
that's in reference to my delivery timing and how it impacts whether or not I renew the registration on my Subaru (it lapsed at the beginning of SEPT) and then transfer it to the Rivian or just wait it out.
Sponsored

GaryGR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE Preorder
Occupation
Enterprise Data Solutions
Clubs

Agree @rivianguy - not seen in this part of the log is a few chat bubbles above I told her

that's in reference to my delivery timing and how it impacts whether or not I renew the registration on my Subaru (it lapsed at the beginning of SEPT) and then transfer it to the Rivian or just wait it out.
I was in the same boat with vehicle registration. Mine expired the end of July, and since I wasn't sure when I'd actually get the R1S I went ahead got the annual safety inspection and renewed the registration. A week later I got the VIN for my R1S. Hindsight...

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk
Quick update. Did my 8 step on Sept 1st, and my R1S was in transit to Houston SC. Checked back yesterday on status, and it was going through PDI or QC checks and few minor paint issues discovered and they had to sent out to paint/body shop. Now being told it may take another week (maybe more) to get paint issues corrected and get my R1S back to schedule pick up at Houston SC. Feels like I can see the finish line….but no one actually said s00n.

No other detail on the extent of the paint issues, so not sure how minor or how bad. My VIN is 50X.

While I am super excited about my pending vehicle, it is still disappointing to hear about other pre-orders that pre-date mine that still don’t have a guide or even a delivery window. Hoping for the best for those pre-order holder deserving of their place in line.

Sher

First Name
Sher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian LE R1S
My VIN is 50X.
Hmm, I wonder if some customers are backing out of their orders - or didn’t want the Limestone+BM+22” darks+underbody combo ??? The VIN given to me just a few days ago is in the low 400s.

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

Quick update. Did my 8 step on Sept 1st, and my R1S was in transit to Houston SC. Checked back yesterday on status, and it was going through PDI or QC checks and few minor paint issues discovered and they had to sent out to paint/body shop. Now being told it may take another week (maybe more) to get paint issues corrected and get my R1S back to schedule pick up at Houston SC. Feels like I can see the finish line….but no one actually said s00n.

No other detail on the extent of the paint issues, so not sure how minor or how bad. My VIN is 50X.

While I am super excited about my pending vehicle, it is still disappointing to hear about other pre-orders that pre-date mine that still don’t have a guide or even a delivery window. Hoping for the best for those pre-order holder deserving of their place in line.

Wow ! First R1S story from Houston inching towards delivery. Hopefully you will get it soon. May be you can make it to the (potentially) Sep 24th meet up in Houston :)

Sponsored

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk
Hmm, I wonder if some customers are backing out of their orders - or didn’t want the Limestone+BM+22” darks+underbody combo ??? The VIN given to me just a few days ago is in the low 400s.
There was supposedly a larger amount of R1S's parked in Normal that were queuing up for transport and have seen recent 8 Steps for Vins between 300 and 600.

Also, I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't want the Limestone+BM+22 darks for the R1S...I love that combo too. I went back and forth several times between El Cap Granite and Limestone. Post pics when you get it...

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
There was supposedly a larger amount of R1S's parked in Normal that were queuing up for transport and have seen recent 8 Steps for Vins between 300 and 600.

Also, I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't want the Limestone+BM+22 darks for the R1S...I love that combo too. I went back and forth several times between El Cap Granite and Limestone. Post pics when you get it...
I think it's awesome that the momentum is building on the deliveries. Clearly the early pre-order holders are going to get theirs soon, and no doubt there will be some luck/config etc. involved but that's normal. My personal opinion is to celebrate every delivery (regardless of order date) and there should be no 'lottery shaming' on this forum, unless someone did something nefarious to jump the queue! :)

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
I think it's awesome that the momentum is building on the deliveries. Clearly the early pre-order holders are going to get theirs soon, and no doubt there will be some luck/config etc. involved but that's normal. My personal opinion is to celebrate every delivery (regardless of order date) and there should be no 'lottery shaming' on this forum, unless someone did something nefarious to jump the queue! :)
couldn't agree more....so close i can taste it

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker

Just saw at least (6) R1S at the South San Francisco service center getting ready for prep, last four VINS ranged from 0070 to 0535. Glacier white, launch greens, limestones, forest greens, el cap.

Sponsored

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm in the 8 step process in the Tampa area LE LG 20" AT with underbody. 8/2020 preorder and VIN is 571
Brutal... I'm LE, underbody, GW, OC, 22" brights, April 2019... still not a peep from Rivian.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Brutal... I'm LE, underbody, GW, OC, 22" brights, April 2019... still not a peep from Rivian.
The only thing I can think that is delaying you is that OC. So far all of the R1S deliveries are BM. Not even FE getting any R1S deliveries at the moment.

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The only thing I can think that is delaying you is that OC. So far all of the R1S deliveries are BM. Not even FE getting any R1S deliveries at the moment.
I had a FE interior, but then switched back to OC prior to the announcement. I was previously a May/June, but they never contacted me or set a new target window, i.e. Sept/October. No communications at all. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I just saw (with a quick peep in the window) a LG with FE R1S at the South San Francisco Service Center last week.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Sunday morning eye candy. I live about 2 miles from the Costa Mesa (SoCal) SC and decided to stop by before football. Total of 7 R1S's in the line prepping for delivery and a ton more R1T's. I tried to capture a few different R1S colors and personally I really like the Limestone color (3 photos).

Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? Row
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? Blue
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? FG
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? Yellow
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? LG
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? white
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? Lime
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? Lime2
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? Lime3
Sponsored