Sponsored

Any Adventure R1S owners received theirs yet?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Used to be underbody shield.....maybe now it's something else
That was batching - they chose to order production that way but could have prioritized no underbody if they wanted. I think if they are already making adventures it means they can’t make other configs for some reason.

And I think anyone getting a R1S now is at the old price, so the pricing conspiracy theories just don’t make sense to me. If anything, Rivian will get a pass on profitability now because they’re still ramping up. It’s in 1-2 years that their finances - as opposed to their ability to ramp production - will be important.
Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Dear Rivian:
Please do not try to offer me delivery of an R1S Adventure Package until you have filled every single Launch Edition preorder. If you can keep only one promise to your preorder holders, it obviously should be the Priority Delivery promise. I come in peace and do not want to infuriate anyone. My goal is to join the Four Year Wait Club ... please don't spoil it for me.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
This is great news and I'm doubling down what @R1Sky Business stated.

It doesn't make sense for them to "finish" all of the LEs before starting ADV. That's not how batch manufacturing works at all. Hell, it's just a few pieces of stitching and nothing else different between the two trims...

Margins are better on ADV so good for Rivian to pump out this trim in Q4 where it makes sense. If they have the supplies, and the customer lives near a SC...why not pump out the ADV trim?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
For those saying don't make an ADV trim until all of the LEs are done sound completely entitled.

There are many of us ADV preorder holders that have watched LE orders placed after us get their deliveries and we bit our tongues...

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I never said they had to wait until 100% LEs were done to start any adventures. I’m more concerned about what this means for their ability to scale or make all configs.

But they’ve barely started making LEs- and the promised priority delivery should be more meaningful than this.

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
For those saying don't make an ADV trim until all of the LEs are done sound completely entitled.

There are many of us ADV preorder holders that have watched LE orders placed after us get their deliveries and we bit our tongues...
Exactly. I also pre-ordered on 9/8/19 and passed on the LE because it was a three row config with large battery pack. I wanted seating for five and a max pack so chose Adventure. I was pretty miffed when they announced ALL R1S's would be three row and large pack. I would've totally opted for the LE if I'd known before the cut-off. The wheel upgrade alone would've made it all worth while. Not to mention the subtle interior detail differences.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I never said they had to wait until 100% LEs were done to start any adventures. I’m more concerned about what this means for their ability to scale or make all configs.

But they’ve barely started making LEs- and the promised priority delivery should be more meaningful than this.
I understand your points and they are completely valid.

I also don't blame Rivian for getting other older orders out of the way if they have the supplies to get it done.

Based on the config screenshot I bet the vehicle is a FG with BM interior. Maybe they made the majority of LEs in this config and they are delivering an ADV trim because they have the supplies.

As a shareholder, this makes sense.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Exactly. I also pre-ordered on 9/8/19 and passed on the LE because it was a three row config with large battery pack. I wanted seating for five and a max pack so chose Adventure. I was pretty miffed when they announced ALL R1S's would be three row and large pack. I would've totally opted for the LE if I'd known before the cut-off. The wheel upgrade alone would've made it all worth while. Not to mention the subtle interior detail differences.
I made the same unfortunate miscalculation in wanting a max pack R1S and have paid the price in the waiting game...

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I made the same unfortunate miscalculation in wanting a max pack R1S and have paid the price in the waiting game...
Well... at least the two of you had a good reason to not pick LE at that time. I thought I didn't need upgraded wheels and Adv upgrades may not be worth $5k difference. But I am now paying more than LE for 20" wheels and no priority. Can't blame anyone but myself 😑

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Well... at least the two of you had a good reason to not pick LE at that time. I thought I didn't need upgraded wheels and Adv upgrades may not be worth $5k difference. But I am now paying more than LE for 20" wheels and no priority. Can't blame anyone but myself 😑
I would be frustrated as well.

Honestly what are the differences between the ADV and LE...we got tow hooks included for 5k extra!?

Sponsored

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I think for the most part Rivian is trying to deliver based on updated delivery windows with some exceptions based on batching. Your window just started, so I hope you'll get yours very soon and will be enjoying your LE 🤞

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Honestly what are the differences between the ADV and LE...we got tow hooks included for 5k extra!?
Adv and LE have only badging difference and free upgraded wheels. $5k difference was between Explore and Adv.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired

Free wheel upgrades and a Normal badge on the dash

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
How about deliver LEs which a lot of us have been waiting for since 2018! I shouldn't have to see anyone in 2019 and later get their vehicle before me, especially the LE :)
Hey come on - you are getting yours soon based on your sig!!

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Based on my convo with customer service - they confirmed that this isn't a rumor.

ADV trim R1Ss are rolling down the line now.
Sponsored