First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm sure Mr EA defender will be along shortly to correct your attitude @Sgt Beavis

You didn't get stranded right? so, "it's fine"... (and if you did get stranded it was somehow your fault!), stop slandering the awesome, reliable, often misunderstood EA network :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Governor

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3rd Gen Tacoma Pro Lexus NX
Occupation
RN
I was at 34% SOC and and finished with 85% (after 92 minutes). I even stopped charging and reset the truck, then restarted. Same result of 37-38kW. The R1T is saying that the EA charger is limiting the charge. I think there was something on the EA charger pretty much stating the same.

Outside temp was 64F (evening just north of Denver). I had driven the truck up a mountain road earlier in the day but it had 2 hours to sit at the house before I drove to the EA charger (4 miles away). So I think the battery was fairly cool.. Also, I charged at this group of chargers (different actual charger) earlier in the day and it was the same story.

I can’t wait for Tesla’s network to open up.

Also, good news, my charger was delivered after my original post. It’ll be wired up on Monday, so that’s really problem solved.
Rivian’s inability to coordinate a home charger unit with delivery is further evidence of the clown show.

Sounds like 9 steps should be implemented as opposed to the now 8.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Rivian’s inability to coordinate a home charger unit with delivery is further evidence of the clown show.

Sounds like 9 steps should be implemented as opposed to the now 8.
I think he just got his truck in the last week. A charger arriving a few days later isn't the end of the world.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Rivians issues with getting their EVSE in time for delivery are part of why I went with a Clipper Creek. They have plenty in stock, ship the next day, are bulletproof, and easy to install for any electrician (versus needing to mess with the DIP switches like in the Rivian).

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Well, I went to another EA DCFC today. This one in Castle Rock, CO. There were TWO other R1Ts there, but more importantly, the charger hit 144kW and stayed there for a good while before dropping to 80-90kW. I don’t remember my beginning SoC but it only took about 15 minutes to get to 80%.

Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Well, I went to another EA DCFC today. This one in Castle Rock, CO. There were TWO other R1Ts there, but more importantly, the charger hit 144kW and stayed there for a good while before dropping to 80-90kW. I don’t remember my beginning SoC but it only took about 15 minutes to get to 80%.
Did you change anything since your charging issues yesterday?
If not, did you happen to notice if the EA stations in Castle Rock were from a different manufacturer than the ones in Denver?
There's only one EA location in Colorado Springs, but I'm actually a little closer to Castle Rock. That's probably where I'll head for my DCFC test (at some point way in the future when I take delivery).

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Did you change anything since your charging issues yesterday?
If not, did you happen to notice if the EA stations in Castle Rock were from a different manufacturer than the ones in Denver?
There's only one EA location in Colorado Springs, but I'm actually a little closer to Castle Rock. That's probably where I'll head for my DCFC test (at some point way in the future when I take delivery).
The chargers in Castle Rock are different from the ones I was using in Lafayette. the CSS connectors in Lafayette (a Walmart) are stored on the front of the chargers. The ones in Castle Rock (at Target) are stored on each side. So they were definitely different models.
Sponsored