Alexa Keeps Disconnecting

AMPRVA

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T Forthcoming
Does anyone know why Alexa becomes “unavailable?” I’ve had to reboot my R1T several times and even then, the connection takes about 10 minutes after reboot. What can I do to prevent Alexa from disconnecting? It’s the voice control for the truck…
Sponsored

Billofaustin2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Retired
I just started having the same problem. It started this morning for the first time. It still hasn’t connected. I’m suspect of the update push.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I just started having the same problem. It started this morning for the first time. It still hasn’t connected. I’m suspect of the update push.
I actually had this happen before the update, and the update fixed it 🤔

My suspicion is the mass layoffs at Alexa are impacting stability.

surfsquire

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self employed
Same issue since the latest Rivian update. Unable to get Alexa to stay connected.

yetti96

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad w/ Large Compass Yellow, 2019 BMW i3
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Mine disconnected, but I noticed it right after I had done the latest software update as well as changing my account from full blown version of Prime to Prime Student (new email). I did the infotainment reset and it let me log back in.

Sponsored

FlightDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Same. Alexa has been offline for me for past weeks. Don't really miss her that much.
I use Siri now. When are we getting Sirius radio?

Billofaustin2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know why Alexa becomes “unavailable?” I’ve had to reboot my R1T several times and even then, the connection takes about 10 minutes after reboot. What can I do to prevent Alexa from disconnecting? It’s the voice control for the truck…
How do you reboot alexa? Mine is still unavailable

OP
OP
AMPRVA

AMPRVA

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T Forthcoming
This is still happening to me regardless of software update. Each time, I have to reboot the truck (hold left side of left toggle button + hazard together for 10-15 seconds). Once rebooted, I sign out of Alexa and sign back in using the QR code it displays. It can only be done while in park, so doing this en route is a hassle.

Alas, no one on here seems to know why this happens or how to prevent it…

Mayfield425

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
GC
Same here. I have to reboot/log back into Alexa pretty much every day. For a while there I was able to text people through my contacts using Alexa while driving but that does not work anymore. I am able to make phone calls by using Alexa voice command, just not texts anymore.

BlueSky4x4

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S / 2015 Corvette / 2001 Prowler
I have had the same issue and utilize the Alexa app for making phone calls, and controlling the audio. I had an Amazon Unlimited music membership before I bought my Rivian, so that is by far the most used app for listening to music and podcasts. When Alexa doesn't work, neither does my Amazon music account.

I have had issues periodically since I took delivery of the Rivian. I found that doing a infotainment reboot (hold leftside of left toggle button and the rightside of the right toggle button on the steering wheel) will clear the issue and Alexa will begin working again.

Some times the issue just seems to happen. Other times it happens right after a system update. If it happens more than once in a week I end up having to do a full reboot (hold leftside of left toggle button and the hazard light button on the rearview mirror).

Again I'm not sure what causes it to happen, but that usually corrects it. I have not had to sign out and sign back into the Alexa app.
Sponsored