Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I thought I'd post this as I haven't seen anywhere online about the security alarm features of the R1T.

My vehicle was being towed to the service center and the 3rd party transport didn't put it in tow mode and the alarm kept going off. A notification was sent to the Rivian app with a button at the bottom to silence.

The push notification was like any other. And when you tapped on it you were directed to the screen below.

What I wish it had was an audible tone for the notification, which my home alarm notification does when the alarm is going off.

Rivian R1T R1S Alarm Notification in Rivian App Screenshot_20220729-200735

Here was the contents of the notification:
Rivian R1T R1S Alarm Notification in Rivian App Screenshot_20220729-204400
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I thought I'd post this as I haven't seen anywhere online about the security alarm features of the R1T.

My vehicle was being towed to the service center and the 3rd party transport didn't put it in tow mode and the alarm kept going off. A notification was sent to the Rivian app with a button at the bottom to silence.

The push notification was like any other. And when you tapped on it you were directed to the screen below.

What I wish it had was an audible tone for the notification, which my home alarm notification does when the alarm is going off.

Screenshot_20220729-200735.png

Screenshot_20220729-204400.png
Probably/hopefully coming in OTA update

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Screenshot_20220729-200735.png

Screenshot_20220729-204400.png
Did you check the notification setup for the app? On the iPhone it seems to have settings for sound and to announce the notification.

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I have an Android so it follows the default tone, but if you go to the app's notification settings you can customize the tone (Stock Android 12 allows this but it's for all of the apps notifications, not just a single notification category.)

The app for my home alarm system has a sound of a door opening when the alarms turned off and then if the burglar alarm starts sounding it plays a tone. I don't think the tone is part of the push notification since I don't remember seeing that being part of the Android SDK for app developers. I believe the push notification on my home alarm app is also opening the app from the background state and then it's playing a tone inside the app.

One other strange thing is the Rivian app doesn't appear to have the icon properly formatted as transparent. So in the notification tray it's just a solid white circle so with the notifications collapsed, I had a hard time finding it amongst my other notifications in the tray.
Sponsored