SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The shorter hose to actually use sounds like a great idea. That way I will never have to unwind the OEM hose. Also, I really like the term "subfrunk". I will use that from now on.

Brian1
Sponsored

Placer Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired police officer and attorney
So what’s the trick to easily get this hose tightly wrapped and back in the bag? I predict the majority of these will be unpacked once and then tossed in the gear tunnel.

That is where mine is now after a few attempts to pack it up.
Remove the velcro strap from the case.

Arrange the strap crossway over the open case with the tag ends of the strap extended over the sides of the case.

Carefully fold the hose into the case, pressing the hose outward to use the length and width of the case interior.

Once the hose is completely inside the case, press down on it with one hand to hold it in place while you draw the tag ends of the case across the middle of the curled hose.

Secure the strap firmly around the middle of the coiled hose and secure with the vecro fastening.

Your hose has been returned to the case, which may now be closed, zipped, and returned to storage.

Only took me two or three times, and a whole lot of cussing, to figure this out. But it works now.

yetti96

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad w/ Large Compass Yellow, 2019 BMW i3
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I saw this while looking for charging pad solutions. Sent an email to the website and the person was very responsive about what I was needing. I figured if they were that cool about other stuff then maybe their solution for this is good as well? Just passing along something I saw.

https://s00nish.com/products/air-compressor-hose-winder

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Do you have a link to the shorter hose you ordered?
I wound up getting this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9L4GMH/ but any air hose with 1/4 couplers will work. One thing to be aware of is that the Rivian hose is female on both ends (FNPT), whereas most third party hoses are MNPT to FNPT. This is because the Rivian bed compressor is an MNPT connection. So if you want to use MNPT tools, you'll need an FNPT-to-FNPT hose, or a MNPT-to-FNPT adapter.

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
So what’s the trick to easily get this hose tightly wrapped and back in the bag? I predict the majority of these will be unpacked once and then tossed in the gear tunnel.

That is where mine is now after a few attempts to pack it up.
Care and patience, like so many other things in life. .
Sponsored