Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Ok, I know this subject has been beaten to death, but there are so many posts, I thought I would try to gather the info in one place I can keep track of.

I currently have 21" wheels. The tread is still good, but they are wearing out and when they do, the 21" seem very expensive to replace, especially if you have to do all four at once. I figure if i have to replace all 4 at once, then it isn't that much more to just switch to 20" tires and get new wheels and tires. Then going forward, the tires should be cheaper to replace as well. This would be an easier sell to my wife, and after all, happy wife, happy life.

I am looking for something affordable, but don't have to go super cheap. I drive mainly freeway in socal, so something that doesn't give me too much of a hit to range and noise would be ideal. However, with that said, I have always liked the look of the AT tires, with the wider sidewalls and as far as wheels, I have always liked the black rhino style.

Any suggestions? All would be appreciated.
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Ok, I know this subject has been beaten to death, but there are so many posts, I thought I would try to gather the info in one place I can keep track of.

I currently have 21" wheels. The tread is still good, but they are wearing out and when they do, the 21" seem very expensive to replace, especially if you have to do all four at once. I figure if i have to replace all 4 at once, then it isn't that much more to just switch to 20" tires and get new wheels and tires. Then going forward, the tires should be cheaper to replace as well. This would be an easier sell to my wife, and after all, happy wife, happy life.

I am looking for something affordable, but don't have to go super cheap. I drive mainly freeway in socal, so something that doesn't give me too much of a hit to range and noise would be ideal. However, with that said, I have always liked the look of the AT tires, with the wider sidewalls and as far as wheels, I have always liked the black rhino style.

Any suggestions? All would be appreciated.

read this

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/affordable-winter-wheels-setup-ram-2363.18320/

Buckets0fun

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
OF
We run the Fuel Offroad Covert 20x9 et20 and a 275/65/20 Open Country C/T, I’d run a 60series if doing again. Aside from that, 10ply snow and ice rates tires meant for oil and mining fields will forever be better than the other AT options beaten to death on the forums.

Regularly air them down to 1/3 of recommended vehicle pressures.
Rivian R1T R1S affordable 20" rims and tires??? EC3F4329-BE37-45DD-B58C-749EDF2BA96A

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs