Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Congrats and I'm jealous! this is reminding me very much of the Model 3 rollout, for any of you who were around for that. It turned into a mess, lots of unhappy people, but also lots of surprised happy people. I was one of the latter. I didn't get my reservation in until kind of late, but once they opened up orders to ALL reservation holders regardless of date, I got in and got an early one. I'm hoping something like that is happening for many of us here. Between configuration differences and deferrals, there could be lots of surprises for us yet.
Sponsored

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
So I wonder how many people will go mess around with their preorder build n hope of a lighting strike.
I did, initially wanted the MaxPack but if I can get a R1T this year Iā€™m willing to forgo that option. If I canā€™t then I will switch back and wait for the Maxpack next year. Modified my build to black interior as well. Just trying to streamline it.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Do we believe itā€™s any worse than more established automakers? I will say domestic vehicles I have bought over the last decades have all had their issues.
No, we believe it comes with the territory for a new company starting mass production of a complex piece of machinery. These things will get ironed out and the process will improve over time. You just seemed surprised when LTD mentioned body alignment issues so I was pointing out some of the general problem areas other owners have mentioned in several threads here.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
No, we believe it comes with the territory for a new company starting mass production of a complex piece of machinery. These things will get ironed out and the process will improve over time. You just seemed surprised when LTD mentioned body alignment issues so I was pointing out some of the general problem areas other owners have mentioned in several threads here.
Not surprised at all. Iā€™ve told many many people we all bought a product from a brand new company with a brand new vehicle with brand new tech. Have had mine for 3 weeks now and been watching the forums, I donā€™t feel this launch is any worse than any others I have seen (Ford MME as an example). In fact, I would say the quality of the R1T thus far is better than what other larger, more established automakers have released. Every vehicle manufacturing process has flaws. Some more than others.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Question: Did you participate in the IPO? I have a theory that participants are getting bumped up.
I was full in on the IPO and bought more as well." I know it hurts when I look at the stocks" I am still waiting so its not that.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I ordered In Aug 21 so I wonder when I will get mine... But then again I got Ocean Coast, and manual Cover.... So maybe not any time soon...

OP
OP

R1TMDSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5, GMC Yukon XL

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
After now seeing several payload labels for the R1T LE and 1 Adventure, hereā€™s what payload is looking like.

R1T w/20ā€ AT/off-road/spare = 1,324 lbs
R1T w/20ā€ AT/no off-road/spare = 1,464 lbs
R1T w/20ā€ AT/no off-road/no spare = 1,559 lbs.

Based on this information, spare tire & kit = 95 lbs, off-road underbody = 140 lbs.

My guess would be the Explore trim will save or add an additional 205 lbs to payload rating bringing that trim to ~1,764 lbs payload.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Question: Did you participate in the IPO? I have a theory that participants are getting bumped up.
That would make me pretty happy if it's true!

OP
OP

R1TMDSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5, GMC Yukon XL
No. I didnā€™t buy any IPO stock.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

After now seeing several payload labels for the R1T LE and 1 Adventure, hereā€™s what payload is looking like.

R1T w/20ā€ AT/off-road/spare = 1,324 lbs
R1T w/20ā€ AT/no off-road/spare = 1,464 lbs
R1T w/20ā€ AT/no off-road/no spare = 1,559 lbs.

Based on this information, spare tire & kit = 95 lbs, off-road underbody = 140 lbs.

My guess would be the Explore trim will save or add an additional 205 lbs to payload rating bringing that trim to ~1,764 lbs payload.
I would t expect the Explore trim to weigh much less. A few less speakers, very similar seats, similar headliner, no wood.

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
I took delivery of my adventure package R1T this past Friday. It is an amazing machine. Very pleased with the overall quality. There are a couple minor panel alignment issues, but otherwise I have no complaints. It drives so smoothly and is scary fast. I feel very fortunate to have gotten one so soon.

Order date 6/22/21
First guide contact 4/8/22
Delivery 4/22/22
Adventure package, glacier white, black mountain, 20ā€ AT, no off-road package, no spare.
San Diego Area

E887E7C9-7418-42D2-9145-4D8B3EA1E094.jpeg
Holly cow! That is the fastest delivery time I have seen and I have been obsessing over the order dates and delivery times. Congrats and WTF at the same time!! Enjoy your ride!
Sponsored