Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I am in a Grandfathered rate plan, TOU-D-A. With my Solar, I always have a negative electric bill on how I currently use electricity. Will need to check and see if I should change it!
I also have solar, but no plan to buy back the excess power. I only use solar to charge my BoltEV when I know I am overproducing power, as I drive it for errands, and notice there is full sun midday, then plug in to top off. Otherwise, my BoltEV only charges to 90% each night betweeen 11 pm and 7 am, when TOU rates in Georgia are 1.5 cents per kWh...practically free. If my 60 kWh battery is totally depleted, that is 60 X 1.5 cents, or $0.90 to drive 220 miles or so...hard to beat those economics. Still waiting to find out if my 2017 BoltEV has one of those "bad" batteries that could potentially catch fire and burn down my house, but if so, hopefully will get it replaced before that happens. Scheduled to find out next week.
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I also have solar, but no plan to buy back the excess power. I only use solar to charge my BoltEV when I know I am overproducing power, as I drive it for errands, and notice there is full sun midday, then plug in to top off. Otherwise, my BoltEV only charges to 90% each night betweeen 11 pm and 7 am, when TOU rates in Georgia are 1.5 cents per kWh...practically free. If my 60 kWh battery is totally depleted, that is 60 X 1.5 cents, or $0.90 to drive 220 miles or so...hard to beat those economics. Still waiting to find out if my 2017 BoltEV has one of those "bad" batteries that could potentially catch fire and burn down my house, but if so, hopefully will get it replaced before that happens. Scheduled to find out next week.
Just had my Bolt (2017) battery checked yesterday, all the cells tested fine and I now have 100% charging available again. The dealership did tell me they have replaced a few modules on other customer cars.