Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Amazed no one beat me to posting this:

https://assets.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...6fc93cb/Rivian-Q3-2021-Shareholder-Letter.pdf

Highlights:

"As of December 15, 2021, we have produced 652 R1 vehicles and delivered 386 of those, including the production and sale of our first two R1S vehicles earlier this week." - Page 6
"We expect to be a few hundred vehicles short of our 2021 production target of 1,200, however, we are encouraged by the progress and learnings our team continues to incorporate into our operations." - Page 6
"Since launching our mobile drives, we have hosted drives in New York Metro, Seattle, and Denver." Page 11 (Wait, Denver??? I'm not early enough to have expected an invite yet, but amazed we haven't heard of anyone yet)​
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Already missing production targets. Not awesome.

Post-market trading appears to be equally concerned.
Could be that or it could be the forecasts of losing $12.21 EPS vs the forecasted losing $5.50 EPS

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I hit the nail on the head for reservations. Guessed 70-75k.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Could be that or it could be the forecasts of losing $12.21 EPS vs the forecasted losing $5.50 EPS
Current earnings have little to do with the stock price at this point. Lucid missed their earnings by similar margin on their earnings call and the stock was up nearly double digits.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Current earnings have little to do with the stock price at this point. Lucid missed their earnings by similar margin on their earnings call and the stock was up nearly double digits.
Stock prices are not logical (look at the two headlines below). And I would also argue that missing a production target by a couple hundred is about as relevant as EPS. Neither should be cause for panic by investors.

Rivian R1T R1S 2021 Q3 Rivian Shareholder Letter – December 16, 2021. 71K Preorders Received Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 1.48.40 PM

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I would not be surprised if Rivian does not sell anymore R1S until January - maybe late January. The effort to get 2 sales out before the earnings calls is quite obviously about being able to state they delivered and not an indication they are actually ready to sell the R1S.

Sponsored

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

"Since launching our mobile drives, we have hosted drives in New York Metro, Seattle, and Denver." Page 11 (Wait, Denver??? I'm not early enough to have expected an invite yet, but amazed we haven't heard of anyone yet)

Interesting that they did not mention Denver First Drives on the earnings call.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
(Wait, Denver??? I'm not early enough to have expected an invite yet, but amazed we haven't heard of anyone yet)
I'm a pretty early LE R1T reservation, and I'm less than 10 mins from the service center. I've not received an invite yet. Hopefully soon!

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
So it’s surprising how few support techs they have in the field and my guess is this will factor into slowing deliveries.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
I would not be surprised if Rivian does not sell anymore R1S until January - maybe late January. The effort to get 2 sales out before the earnings calls is quite obviously about being able to state they delivered and not an indication they are actually ready to sell the R1S.
Especially when those two vehicles went to the CEO and CFO.

(Edited to clean up an error).

Last edited:

ChrissyOne

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, R1T Pre-order
Occupation
Creative Production Manager at Wizards of the Coast
Nothing much here that we didn't already know. I was guessing 70-75k pre-orders as well. RIVN has already recovered from the big after hours dip, and is only off a percent from the close. Doesn't seem to be much to see here.
Sponsored