First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti and Kia
Occupation
LEO
11-22-19, I am currently at the LA Auto Show looking for the Rivian and don't see it.

When I bought the tickets it said Rivian would be here, now on the Auto Show website it doesn't list them.

Did the Cybertruck scare them away?
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Rivian never planned on being there (or didn't announce it themselves if they did). Any beef you have is with the LA Show. IIRC, Rivian has said specifically that they would not be doing the Auto Show circuit.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Last year was a one-time deal since it was their initial reveal. There's nothing new to show this year so no point in going.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Last year was a one-time deal since it was their initial reveal. There's nothing new to show this year so no point in going.
Sad but true. Seems like the only things they have revealed over the past year is a few new exterior colors, a pullout kitchen and a few patents for features they may or may not implement.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Sad but true. Seems like the only things they have revealed over the past year is a few new exterior colors, a pullout kitchen and a few patents for features they may or may not implement.
I think we'll see them on the auto show circuit again when they're ready to offer test drives. Not much else to offer that you need the car in front of you to reveal.

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I think we'll see them on the auto show circuit again when they're ready to offer test drives.
If that's the case you'll have to wait about another year. According to Rivian (from webiste's FAQ) they "will be offering test drives closer to our launch at the end of 2020."

Last edited:

Rhinotjv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra, 2018 Highlander Hybrid
11-22-19, I am currently at the LA Auto Show looking for the Rivian and don't see it.

When I bought the tickets it said Rivian would be here, now on the Auto Show website it doesn't list them.

Did the Cybertruck scare them away?
Their website was unchanged from 2018 lineup until 2019 show was fairly close. I thought the same thing when I checked it like a month ago and Rivian was listed. Glad I happened to be on vacation in LA last year during the show and decided to pay a visit.
Sponsored