Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Order #2704, 10/18 R1S LE Lime/OC still waiting here in Paradise with an est Jul-Sep del. 4 brave tired of waiting souls here on Oahu/Honolulu shipped their R1Ts out after using mainland delivery addresses and self shipping.
Sponsored

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
Order #2704, 10/18 R1S LE Lime/OC still waiting here in Paradise with an est Jul-Sep del. 4 brave tired of waiting souls here on Oahu/Honolulu shipped their R1Ts out after using mainland delivery addresses and self shipping.
Same configuration, mid-2019 order, 20 minutes to service center, one year since Guide assigned, and still waiting.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Same configuration, mid-2019 order, 20 minutes to service center, one year since Guide assigned, and still waiting.
They seem to be clearing out the older orders at an increasing pace

With a 10/2019 preorder, and 11 minutes from a service center, I was in "processing estimate" limbo since the October estimate last year.

I had a guide assigned in January, and hassled him for store access when others seemed to be getting it. He got me access, but there was no inventory, so I hassled him about that.

He was able to look nationwide, and told me he could match me with a GW/BM R1S in Detroit, or a B/BM R1S in Dallas. I told him I'd take the white one in Detroit, and less than a week later I was driving it home in truly awful weather.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm assuming Lime/OC will produce in a couple months. OC int has been delivered lately

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I ordered my R1S back on 12/3/18 and finally got to pick mine up 8 days ago. So, there's hope for those of you still waiting from the early days.

Sponsored

EJ-EVx2

First Name
EllJul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model-Y
Occupation
Retired but still working.
I have the same issue (ordered 2018) but I originally ordered a 5-seater R1S. I am in a place where I have seen multiple R1S and we have a Rivian station and have gotten a demo invite. My 7-seater is now due in 2024.

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
I just changed my delivery address to Jacksonville.

Brian
hope this works for you. I am 150 miles away but across state lines.My understanding is TX charges sales tax at point of sale and La charges when registered. I had to pick up my TSLA in MS ( 230 miles away) With no dealer network I am at risk of double sales tax therefore I continue to wait (and I am a 2021 pre-order)

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thank you for all of the support and condolences here on the Forums. It has been a long road.

Withing hours of changing our address to our son's in Jacksonville, I found that I had access to the R1T Shop. There were about 8 trucks in there, but none that were interesting enough to grab up.

Shortly thereafter, we received a phone call from our newly assigned Rivian Guide, Pam. When we told her we wanted to take delivery at the Factory. She went through the the Factory orphaned R1T's. She came up with two possibles in Rivian Blue, both of which had different wheel/tire configurations than our original order. We told her we would sleep on it and let her know in the morning.

At 0830 this morning Pam called us and let us know that she had located another Factory Orphan that was exactly the configuration of our order. Needless to say that we locked this one in on the spot. We have now started the purchase process and have received our VIN.

It has been a long road as we are now four years and five months into this Rivian Journey. There is now finally light at the end of the tunnel.

I will shortly start another thread on our experiences in the purchase process.

Brian

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Thank you for all of the support and condolences here on the Forums. It has been a long road.

Withing hours of changing our address to our son's in Jacksonville, I found that I had access to the R1T Shop. There were about 8 trucks in there, but none that were interesting enough to grab up.

Shortly thereafter, we received a phone call from our newly assigned Rivian Guide, Pam. When we told her we wanted to take delivery at the Factory. She went through the the Factory orphaned R1T's. She came up with two possibles in Rivian Blue, both of which had different wheel/tire configurations than our original order. We told her we would sleep on it and let her know in the morning.

At 0830 this morning Pam called us and let us know that she had located another Factory Orphan that was exactly the configuration of our order. Needless to say that we locked this one in on the spot. We have now started the purchase process and have received our VIN.

It has been a long road as we are now four years and five months into this Rivian Journey. There is now finally light at the end of the tunnel.

I will shortly start another thread on our experiences in the purchase process.

Brian
So sorry that it had to come to that, but excited as hell to see one of the OG pre-orders get fulfillment! Thank you for being such a stalwart Rivian-ite!

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

A brave soul also has an R1S on the Big Island (spotted in Waimea) as well.

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

And weā€™ll see when the owner of Maui Brewing gets his R1Tsā€”one there and his one in Montana ā€¦..

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

And weā€™ll see when the owner of Maui Brewing gets his R1Tsā€”one there and his one in Montana ā€¦..
I took delivery of an R1T in 9/2022 on the mainland. I have a second preorder made in 11/2021 currently configured for an R1S and delivery to Kailua-Kona with a delivery estimate of second half of 2024.

Iā€™ve seriously thought about shipping my current R1T to Kona and switching my second preorder to a Max Pack R1T for mainland delivery, but my R1T has needed major repairs and thereā€™s no way Iā€™m going to have a Rivian in Hawaii until service is available. Service on the Big Island will be even more challenging than Oahu. I wrote in another thread Iā€™m even thinking of the Jeep Recon EV instead for the Big Island due to service concerns on a remote island.

Iā€™m surprised you have a July 2023 delivery window. A Hawaii Rivian Service Center is not even on the map for upcoming service locations. Keep me posted on your delivery.

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Will do, agree on no service is a show stopper and big challenge. Will know shortly when the end of March delivery windows are updated, and thereā€™s always the possibility end of June change. Ditto on no SC and noticed even the positions advertised here evaporated year before last. A neighborā€™s son just shipped in his R1T in from OR and said SC there RIV mentioned the possibility of a mobile person coming to island this year. I mentioned in a forum with Tony how Tesla on island when I got my ā€˜16 MX started with a couple techs and laptops and outsourced any major work until their SC was up and running , some mobile techs were established and the SC later moved and was greatly expanded. Similar model can work, At least a 40min flight to Kona is a possibility along with some prestaged diag and minor repair stuff in a rented garageā€¦. .

doozenberg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Model 3, ā€˜22 Model Y, R1S reservation holder
Occupation
Physician
I would think there are a few very early adopters secreted away up on a remote mountain top somewhere. Our son, whose order date was the same as ours (11/28/2018), just took delivery of his Rivian last Wednesday. His was a white R1S with the OC interior.

Brian
11/26/2018 reservation holder here. I live 4 miles from their corporate headquarters in Irvine and even closer to RJā€™s residence. No communication and order estimate stuck on ā€œprocessingā€ for years.
Sponsored