Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Hi, I will be pulling a 6'x12' uhaul cargo trailer for a 185 miles trip in my R1s 21" wheel for the first time. The additional weight will probably be around 3K lbs. There is a EA station which is 30 miles from our house and another one at 120 miles after that. Do you think it is capable? I heard that towing range estimate is not very accurate.

Thanks
You will be fine. You can probably make the 120 miles pretty easy if you keep the speed at 65 or under.Starting at 100%, I towed my camp trailer 124 miles and had 14% remaining and it’s gotta be less aerodynamic than a uhaul.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Agree with the above. Charge to 100% and keep speed to a reasonable level and you shouldn't have any trouble. Unless I was carrying a lot of extra weight in the cab I'd probably skip the 30 mile away charger and head right to the second one (which I assume is 150 miles away from start point, if I'm reading your post correctly?). Although that might be a bit butt-clenching since this is your first time doing it. 😆
Yeap. I would have to charge at the EA 30 miles out if I want to be comfortable

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

You should plan on charging at least once. I did a video on towing our 5000lb travel trailer recently. That's about as bad as it gets (it's a huge box on wheels). Aerodynamics makes bigger difference than weight.

Keep it below 65. The slower the better for range but just make sure it's safe to go slower.
Sponsored