Sponsored

10K for someone willing to sell their LE reservation

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Palisade, 2021 e-tron SUV
I have some health issues and want nothing other than to own a rivian. I am happy to pay 10k to someone with a R1T Launch Edition that is coming up soon.
Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Hello EV4 life...I am assuming you are new here? This post will get a few reactions and mostly not super nice? Right now there are a few R1Ts that are for sale online and they are going for 140k. Getting a reservation for 10k isn't likely to get any attention, but...

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Make-a-Wish is that way ------->

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I have some health issues and want nothing other than to own a rivian. I am happy to pay 10k to someone with a R1T Launch Edition that is coming up soon.
If I sold you my LE reservation at $10k I'd be losing $5k as to get my same configuration at the new pricing takes the truck from ~$85k to ~$100k.

And, add in that I would need to wait 2 years or so to get the truck at this point.

Maybe you're going to find someone who wants to just be done at $10k, but anyone who has the means is much better off just buying the truck, reselling it, and easily make $20k just by pricing it slightly above what someone would pay under the new pricing.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The below will be a good indicator of market price right now. It's way, way more than a $10K premium, FYI.

R1T for Sale

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

maybe he just accidentally dropped a zero? or the 1 was meant to be a 5 ?

OP
OP
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If I sold you my LE reservation at $10k I'd be losing $5k as to get my same configuration at the new pricing takes the truck from ~$85k to ~$100k.

And, add in that I would need to wait 2 years or so to get the truck at this point.

Maybe you're going to find someone who wants to just be done at $10k, but anyone who has the means is much better off just buying the truck, reselling it, and easily make $20k just by pricing it slightly above what someone would pay under the new pricing.
To clarify I was willing to offer 10k over what the current(higher) pricing is.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

I'll bite because you're unlikely to get much help here. You mean $10k higher than a similary equipped non LE so $103k (LA Silver, Off Road, 20 AT, Powered Tonneau is $93)? Or the $86k, $10k higher than the LE MSRP. Either way it seems like you're under market value. Unless you happen to find someone with a reservation on an $80k vehicle who wants to turn a profit but is also too lazy to spend 30 minutes taking pictures to sell it on an auction site for probably $10k more than your higher offer.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I'm not sure what you're actually offering - your post title says "reservation" and you mention launch edition. There is no higher price for launch editions, they are all under the old pricing by definition.

Are you wanting to buy a truck or a reservation?

OP
OP
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am willing to spend 10k over the new pricing to get a truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Then I guess I am out of luck for now. Lol

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Then I guess I am out of luck for now. Lol
Did you put in an order with Rivian so that you are at least in line?

You are one of several posters (or a returning poster with a new username) that want a Rivian now but are offering way below the market price for jumping the line...it will take way more than MSRP+10k. Someone on this site has listed their's for 130 or 140k

But your offer is much better than some of the idiots that want someone's reservation and may even consider doing a little more than repaying their deposit.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you put in an order with Rivian so that you are at least in line?

You are one of several posters (or a returning poster with a new username) that want a Rivian now but are offering way below the market price for jumping the line...it will take way more than MSRP+10k. Someone on this site has listed their's for 130 or 140k

But your offer is much better than some of the idiots that want someone's reservation and may even consider doing a little more than repaying their deposit.

I kinda hope its all one person that's a troll. It'd be pretty sad if multiple people are so dense as to offer insulting low amounts to buy out reservations. Even 5 minutes of legwork would show the few R1Ts on auctions sites going for $120-150k. Would anyone sell at a $20-40k discount to some rando on a Rivian forum or take 10 minutes to post on an auction site and watch the money roll in?
Sponsored