Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I like your take on it mate! Mine is a 2/22 order. I was originally told "after 2023" and I was planning on 2033 but was pleasantly surprised to see 1/24-12/24 date. That is almost a decade earlier! I take my first-world problems in strides. I would have loved to have the car sooner but as you have so nicely pointed out-a delay might actually be good.
Or Munro will have by then narrowed the colors down to only 3, 2 wheel/tire choices and zero accessories..
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

F

My estimate is now I'll get an estimate in January if I change to a supported color combination. So much for RB/FE R1S.

The delivery window estimate in your Account has been temporarily set to “Processing new estimate” due to the interior and exterior color combination you configured. This is a result of our efforts to simplify production in order to make as many deliveries as possible. We recognize that you may have had your heart set on your exact configuration and look forward to helping you find a new favorite.

As part of our production ramp process, we are moving away from configurations with very low demand. Because of this, the following combinations are no longer being produced: ​

• Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood with Compass Yellow
  • Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood with Red Canyon
  • Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood with Rivian Blue

If the Forest Edge interior is your lead preference, you can still choose it with our other exterior colors. If a particular paint color is preferred, Black Mountain and Ocean Coast can be paired with all options.

To make sure you receive a delivery window estimate, we encourage you to reconfigure soon. We plan to refresh your estimate every three months, which means you can expect updates in January, April, July, and October of each calendar year. Your window will be based on your configuration, delivery location and original preorder date and we will work to prioritize your delivery. Moving forward, further updates to your delivery estimate will be shared in your Account.  ​

Casualty

ejf128

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X7
Feels good to know but I'm not happy with this window.

1666988787936.png
Under a year, not bad. Remember some have been waiting almost 4 years since laying down the deposit. All about perspective.

silkyjohnson

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition, Tesla Model 3
Mine went from Oct-Dec 2022 to "Processing estimate"... like they haven't had all year to process it? Frustrated that they don't have a better handle on service as distance to SC can make this truck N/A for me. 291 miles to Bellevue SC and not getting any closer...
add to that the R1Ts already driving around town. Saw one at the skating rink and it was the first time I was mad instead of excited

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Actually I think you are correct. I just reviewed the IRC 30D and do not see the limitation to taking delivery in 2023. Was citing from a review of the tax credit from a couple months ago. According to the IRS website today:

Transition Rule for Vehicles Purchased before August 16, 2022
If you entered into a written binding contract to purchase a new qualifying electric vehicle before August 16, 2022, but do not take possession of the vehicle until on or after August 16, 2022 (for example, because the vehicle has not been delivered), you may claim the EV credit based on the rules that were in effect before August 16, 2022. The final assembly requirement does not apply before August 16, 2022.

Thanks for calling me on this and making me check it out again.
Lots of info on this to come as people take deliveries early next yr

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Because they are pushing back pre-price hike orders to later dates and delivering post-price hike vehicles before them. They are hoping pre-price hike people cancel; basically Rivians way of trying to get around honoring pre-price hike orders.
Stay strong

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

haven’t heard a peep from Rivian! No guide or anything. Would think an estimate this close I would? Hoping it’s semi accurate! Located near NYC if that helps?
There have been deliveries without guide contact

Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This will easily hit 1000 replies b4 day's over.

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
We have similar builds, and I am in PA. I preorderd 10/20, ADV, LA Silver, with 21's and OC. I was 1H 23 and now 2024. I am super pissed. They appear to have decided to neglect the northeast.

If you do get an update, I hope you message me to let me know your new window.
It’s not just the Northeast. I’m almost exactly the same as you: 10/20 preorder, LA Silver, Dark 20” ATs, BM interior. I was 1H’23 (CS told me twice they were confident I’d be Q1’23), and now Jan-Dec 2024. I’m absolutely fucking livid. Enough to consider cancelling and buying a Range Rover.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 LandCruisers, and a Duramax Suburban, JohnDeere
Occupation
I build things
If ordered recently...

Most of us early orders are at a minimum of 3.5years...
If mine arrives in 2023, I will be 4 years and a month. Hardly a way to reward early adopters