Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Collars are for name tags

my dog uses the only crash tested harness (I’m aware of) the sleepy pod brand,
I know that the latch system is rated for 65lbs so it may be an option for medium and smaller dogs
Used with a sleepypod harness, the Kurgo tether would have to connect to the harness d-ring which is only intended for leash walking, not crash safety. For in-vehicle safety restraint, you must utilize a seatbelt through the harness. I would not trust the Kurgo tether as a safety device (but it would be more than adequate for keeping most dogs from roaming free in the vehicle).
Sponsored

c4denc3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

Not the only one that’s crash tested, but the only one certified by the Center for Pet Safety. RuffWear crash tests their harnesses but disagree with one of the standards that CPS has for certification. RuffWear’s harness connects to the seatbelt lower than the SleepyPod harnesses. RuffWear thinks that safer in most collisions but it does allow more forward travel, which exceeds CPS’s front row incursion standard slightly. I can see both sides of it. But from my research, those are the only two brands I would consider right now if I were buying a harness specifically for crash safety.
There’s actually another one that’s certified from the CPS and it’s from a new company called Saker. https://sakercanine.com/pages/crash-tested-gear — it’s what I use with my pupper.

Edit: Actually, they were certified by the CPS until they redid all their buckles to be stronger so they need to be retested.

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

First time in the back of my R1S on the way to doggie daycare since my wife and daughter are out of town and I drop them off near my work. The cargo cover I actually got for them for the 2nd row of my Audi Q7 but we never used it, so it was good enough for now, since the Canvasback cargo liners were going to take 3 weeks to deliver which was too late for my wife and daughter's trip.

FWIW, I was surprised the back of my R1S is *significantly* higher than my Ford Expedition which they are used to jumping up in. I guess it's the difference between the 22" wheels on my R1S and the 18" wheels on my Expedition but that's even w/ my R1S set to the lowest height.

Romeo_and_Scarlet_Rivian_R1S.PNG
Which cargo cover is this? Seems to fit really well.

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

Which cargo cover is this? Seems to fit really well.
Actually, it's not quite wide enough, so the sides kept falling down when they stepped/laid along the side, since they are only attached via adhesive. I would recommend getting something too wide than not wide enough.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

I've not detected any impact on range. If there's any, it's negligible. One thing I should mention is because the R1S has a split gate, the Twistep for SUV won't work (it sits too far under the bottom gate). I opted for the Twistep for pickup trucks and rotate the platform out to the first position. It works really well. Measurement taken in kneel mode.
IMG_0710.jpeg
IMG_0712.jpeg
IMG_0711.jpeg
Which rubber mat is that?

SeattleSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Nissan LEAF
I figured I would start a new thread about how dogs and Rivians work together. I would guess that at least 75% Rivian owners have at least one dog they take with them on trips. Many have 2 or more and that means on average there is at least one dog per Rivian family on a per capita basis. Here is my 90 lb. Catahoula Leopard dog "SOOKIE" and her cage in a R1T back seat. This is a set up to allow her easy access to the top of the seat and not crowd her in with the seat folded. I though of removing the seat bottom but that is still a big jump up and you loose 2 seating positions when the dog is not tripping with you.

Fun thread! Here's Westley! He loves camping excursions and chasing squirrels.

Rivian R1T R1S Dogs and Rivians 🐾 1000001929

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We just got a Gunner G1 kennel for Ezra to ride safely in the Rivian’s cargo area.
Rivian R1T R1S Dogs and Rivians 🐾 IMG_2890

Sponsored

OP
OP
bbonkk

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

I always wondered what those grab handles were for!