tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Awesome! Can you share the timeline?
I had shop access for about a month. 5/10 wed selected from the shop. 5/11 text late afternoon from the delivery team the R1S was being staged for PDI. 5/16 ready for delivery.

Planning factory pickup and tour. I haven’t actually finished my 8 steps as I may switch to the Rivian nationwide insurance
Sponsored

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don't necessarily think it's completely random. I just got lucky. I play basketball at a local park. It turns out that rivian does their first drives out of that exact park. I saw a couple of rivians there so I started talking to the guys. They told me that first drives are offered only to those that have deliveries in the near future. I asked them to do me a solid and hook me up with a first drive. They looked into the schedule and were able to schedule me for a week later.

During the first drive I asked to shop access or a guide. They said they'd see what they could do. And 3 weeks later I get the notice.
That's the part that is frustrating for long time reservation holders. I only opted for a first mile drive because someone posted on Reddit about using it to get shop access. I had a good conversation with the rep handling my test drive, extra time because the earlier appointment no showed, and access to a guide and the shop within a week.

Getting a first mile drive and lucking out with a nice rep and guide shouldn't be a prereq to moving the reservation up (even if it did work in my favor)

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
That's the part that is frustrating for long time reservation holders. I only opted for a first mile drive because someone posted on Reddit about using it to get shop access. I had a good conversation with the rep handling my test drive, extra time because the earlier appointment no showed, and access to a guide and the shop within a week.

Getting a first mile drive and lucking out with a nice rep and guide shouldn't be a prereq to moving the reservation up (even if it did work in my favor)
It is also important to time your first mile drive well. We have an 11/21 reservation. We were invited to a first mile back in December by a very nice CS who I was chatting with re timelines for delivery. Great drive, terrific CS, but it was too soon for shop access and now we have lost the moment! So wait until you are in the shop timing window!

omsatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, Lexus ES350
Occupation
Physician

100% agreed. I'd absolutely be pissed if I was in their position.

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
I responded kind of snarky but I get it. I am a late 21 reservation but my delivery date is Aug-sept. I’ve done the first drive, at this rate if they meet estimated delivery date I’ll still be 12 months before I would be eligible for shop access.

I’m patient. I’ve done 3 months doing worse things than waiting for a Rivian

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I didn't notice any additions today. Still a lot of choices if you are interested in 20" wheels.

SoCalGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Preorder
I didn't notice any additions today. Still a lot of choices if you are interested in 20" wheels.
hah. Personally I’ve been waiting for 22 brights! Everything I think recently has been 20s or 22 darks :(

Sponsored

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

hah. Personally I’ve been waiting for 22 brights! Everything I think recently has been 20s or 22 darks :(
I’ll take glacier white with any of the 20” wheels. Seems to be quite a few of those on all the screenshots. Hope that continues if/when my time comes.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few 22" brights showed up for a while on Saturday and Sunday. I don't rember all of the configs, but I think one was a Silver LE on 22's for 75K.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This R1S on 21's just landed in the shop!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1684275692570

SoCalGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Preorder
A few 22" brights showed up for a while on Saturday and Sunday. I don't rember all of the configs, but I think one was a Silver LE on 22's for 75K.
Oh man! I would have taken the silver on 22 brights! That was in CA??
Sponsored