Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was curious about OP's elevation change so I threw the route into google maps directions for bicycles (first thing I thought of that shows elevation).

Seems like just over a 3k net elevation drop

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Drive From Bishop to Ontario, CA on One Charge 1651114982411
Sponsored

OP
OP

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

That’s a great update! Did you happen to check on the RAN progress in Bishop next to El Pollo Loco?
Sorry I didn’t get to. I’m going back soon so I’ll check.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Thanks for sharing details. What were the temps during your drive, and what was the elevation change?

Will be interesting to see if someone does the same drive in the summer and no climate on. Might add 15 or 20 miles of range.
With no AC?? Yikes!! But yeah the temps during driving went from 65-80. Don’t know the elevation.

OP
OP

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Thanks a bunch for the report. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

to support R1T a bit, isn’t 293 - 253 - 11 = 29 miles off estimate?
I was wondering who would question that. Lol! That 3% 11 miles basically is zero miles/%. That’s because there was a drastic elevation drop on I 15 from Oak Hills to RC for about 25 miles. During that time I netted about 12 miles from regen. There was a point I had a deficit of 2-4 miles left to go vs range so I wouldn’t have quite made it exactly home if I didn’t get that regen on the downhill vs flat the whole way.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Having spent lots of time in Bishop, I know that having that 1 - 2 punch of Bishop plus Inyokern is a dream. Note that there's not much in Inyokern but a split in the highway to different parts of LA. Makes sense that they would have one there. Bishop is great and lots of stuff around there. When I was in Bishop last, a couple of months ago, nothing had changed from the several months before. Just a transformer and a few leads where the chargers will eventually go.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Having spent lots of time in Bishop, I know that having that 1 - 2 punch of Bishop plus Inyokern is a dream. Note that there's not much in Inyokern but a split in the highway to different parts of LA. Makes sense that they would have one there. Bishop is great and lots of stuff around there. When I was in Bishop last, a couple of months ago, nothing had changed from the several months before. Just a transformer and a few leads where the chargers will eventually go.
There's a bakery in Bishop where you can easily kill 20min

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Finally had the chance to stop by El Pollo Loco in Bishop to check out the progress. Not sure if there has been any progress but at least there looks to be 5 stations
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Drive From Bishop to Ontario, CA on One Charge IMG-7827

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nicely done. 68 mph is the sweet spot for this truck, IMO, from a 13 hour road trip experience...kinda like a 4Runner I owned prior....they all have a certain speed where efficiencies start to fall apart.
Sponsored