Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I drove this past weekend to Mammoth and back to Ontario, CA. We had 4 people under 150lbs each and the truck loaded to the brim with ski gear and camping gear. Charged in Bishop to 98% 293 miles and got back to Ontario with 3% 11 miles remaining on conserve mode. Traveled at 75mph majority of the way rarely passing others. Total distance traveled from Bishop was 253 miles. So 40 miles off estimate. This may be due to weight, wind, trying to pass a few trucks. AC was on most the time and default regen. Flooring it to pass others took ~2 miles of range.

Launch edition with 20” ATs
Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I drove this past weekend to Mammoth and back to Ontario, CA. We had 4 people under 150lbs each and the truck loaded to the brim with ski gear and camping gear. Charged in Bishop to 98% 293 miles and got back to Ontario with 3% 11 miles remaining on conserve mode. Traveled at 75mph majority of the way rarely passing others. Total distance traveled from Bishop was 253 miles. So 40 miles off estimate. This may be due to weight, wind, trying to pass a few trucks. AC was on most the time and default regen. Flooring it to pass others took ~2 miles of range.

That’s a great update! Did you happen to check on the RAN progress in Bishop next to El Pollo Loco?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

EA charging I take it???

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Got any pics of truck on the Forrest??

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

That’s a great update! Did you happen to check on the RAN progress in Bishop next to El Pollo Loco?
Is this an official RAN site or Waypoint only?

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
Thanks for sharing details. What were the temps during your drive, and what was the elevation change?

Will be interesting to see if someone does the same drive in the summer and no climate on. Might add 15 or 20 miles of range.

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
thanks for RAN info on bishop! Can’t wait for it to be up. I make a trip to Mammoth at least once a month from LA.
Also check out InyoKern. These two will make the drive to Mammoth a breeze!

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. I can attest to headwind playing a big factor on range. I charged to 85% at Bishop and my expected range left at Mojave was suppose to be 71. With the headwind, going on average 75mph, and running AC @ 70 deg on low I ended up with 20 miles left.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

Thanks a bunch for the report. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

to support R1T a bit, isn’t 293 - 253 - 11 = 29 miles off estimate?
Sponsored