Sponsored

Garage door opener software

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I have a Linear with their Wifi wall switch. The app is unstable and opened my door with random delays, including at night more than once. I disabled it and would not recommend it.
Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Curious, what type of issues did you have with it? I installed it a few years ago and it works well for me.
Jumping in, I had problems with MyQ not working about 10-20% of the time. I would drive up, call up the app on my iphone and try to open or close the door and the door wouldn't open/close . I'd try again a few min later and it worked fine. I have an expensive Netgear Orbi mesh router, and my internet is solid, it was like the MyQ just fell asleep or something. I do like MyQ's audible alarm and blinking light when you close the door, and MyQ is very easy to install.

I switched to a Tailwind opener, more reliable, not 100% but really close. It does cost more ($80-$100 for two cars) and the Tailwind requires a wired connection to the opener itself (though not hard to connect). It also has the added features of the door opening automatically as I drove up or closing when I left, and Tailwind works out of the box with Alexa.

Automatic open/close as I drive up/away is +++ over MyQ,. Not nearly as important, but I don't understand why MyQ doesn't work with Alexa.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Using the online site I linked below, I was able to set up Alexa to open my MyQ garage doors from the Rivian without having to purchase any additional hardware. Note that if you use an iPhone you’ll have to use the LiveKey app instead of SimpleCommands. Most importantly, you have to tell Alexa to “Turn on main garage door open” instead of “Open the main garage door”.

https://goodhomeautomation.com/myq-with-alexa/

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if the garage door opener works without a key? That's one of the reasons I don't have my Grand Cherokee programmed to my garage is that on the off chance that it's not parked in my garage, if you break the window open you can open my garage so I just use my phone with MyQ to open/close it.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Does anyone know if the garage door opener works without a key? That's one of the reasons I don't have my Grand Cherokee programmed to my garage is that on the off chance that it's not parked in my garage, if you break the window open you can open my garage so I just use my phone with MyQ to open/close it.
No worries with the Rivian - it doesn’t come with any means to open a garage door.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’ll surely be a button on the main display so if the truck isn’t “on”, no opener

dzmconstr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S 75D
Curious, what type of issues did you have with it? I installed it a few years ago and it works well for me. For reference, my garage door openers are Liftmaster/Chamberlain and were "MyQ Ready" out of the box. I added the MyQ internet gateway.
I have a genie belt drive with battery backup. We used to lose electricity (overhead power lines) at least once a month. If we lost electricity I'd have to come back and reset the MyQ. Then one time my MyQ stopped resetting, and after 40 minutes of trying, I unplugged it and threw it away. I'll never go back to a product from them - it was the older Chamberlain MyQ-G0301.
Dzm

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
MyQ is down to $20 today on Amazon if anyone is thinking of trying it.

Rivian R1T R1S Garage door opener software 1650678078805

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Wyze sent an email today describing their system for using one of their cameras with a garage door opener. Looks inexpensive, and kinda interesting. Uses geofencing to close your garage door when leaving, but they don't mention opening when you come back home. $40 with the camera. I suspect somewhere Wyze tries to tie this to a subscription service, which is also pretty cheap, but didn't look into that.

I have a few Wyze things, camera's, door locks, plugs, generally work pretty well, esp for the price, the wyze plug has been problematic at times when Amazon Web Services was having problems.

https://www.wyze.com/products/wyze-...il&utm_campaign=Wyze+Garage+Controller+Bundle
Rivian R1T R1S Garage door opener software 1650989952958

Rivian R1T R1S Garage door opener software 1650989731207

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Curious, what type of issues did you have with it? I installed it a few years ago and it works well for me. For reference, my garage door openers are Liftmaster/Chamberlain and were "MyQ Ready" out of the box. I added the MyQ internet gateway.

Same here except I didn't even install it - I made my then 12 year old install it. "Life skills" I told him.

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
If you want a simple solution, I just purchased a small fob opener. Much easier to pocket or store:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
MyQ is down to $20 today on Amazon if anyone is thinking of trying it.

1650678078805.png

I have 2 of these with 3 door sensors. It's a POS and not worth the $20. I got them on clearance from Walmart when they were marked down to $6.

The only thing they're good for is if you want to set your doors to automatically close at a certain time. I have mine set so that when it hits 10pm, close all the garage doors in cases someone left it open.

Without a subscription, Alexa will not be able to control it. You can't schedule any Alxa routines, you have to go into the MyQ app. You can't integrate it with your Ring. It doesn't have the ability to close after say 15 minutes or an hour.

Folks are much better off with a Z-Wave or Zigbee integration.

I ended up buying 3 of these to compensate for me to compensate for the lack of auto close.
liftmaster 889lm

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
Stay far away from MyQ. I installed Tailwind and it's been rock solid. The garage door parts are 100% wired so no false positives/negatives. Decent mobile app + HomeKit integration.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I just moved 6 weeks ago and had myQ installed on day 1. no issues so far. the only times theres a hiccup is when my phone is approaching/leaving the house switching from wifi to LTE. Solved within 30-45 seconds.

I specifically purchased it thinking of the rivian
Sponsored