Sponsored

R1S Software Update Suggestions

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

New R1S owner as of last Friday. Have a question - is there an official place to submit desired software updates to Rivian for their consideration?

Probably not, but figured I'd ask.

For example, our Chevy Tahoe has a front camera that shows the guide lines. The R1S only shows the guide lines in reverse. If you're pulling into a tight space, the guide lines in the front are VERY helpful. Seems to my simple brain that this could be a relatively easy software update that would provide a vast improvement.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
New R1S owner as of last Friday. Have a question - is there an official place to submit desired software updates to Rivian for their consideration?

For example, our Chevy Tahoe has a front camera that shows the guide lines. The R1S only shows the guide lines in reverse. If you're pulling into a tight space, the guide lines in the front are VERY helpful. Seems to my simple brain that this could be a relatively easy software update that would provide a vast improvement.
You can use the birds eye view, works better than the guide lines.

Wassym Bensaid is the Senior VP of software, you can look up his account on Reddit and drop a comment. You could email your guide ot customer service as well.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Are you looking at the birds eye view? Not exactly what you are asking for, but I think the birds eye view is more helpful for parking than guide lines would be.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Yes the 360 view is what I use even when backing up. If I use the rear camera lines I can never seem to get straight into a parking spot.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

You can provide direct feedback in the app.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

I use the 360, too, but the front guide lines are just way better - particularly doing something like pulling into a tight garage. In the Tahoe you simply line up the shot with the guides and it's like a video game - right in perfectly every time. In the Rivian you look at the front camera and you honestly can't tell how much space you have on either side.

The Tahoe has the 360 and the lines in forward and reverse. Just wish the Rivian did, too.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

YouKnowWhatsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 R1T Limestone
Clubs

I agree. Guidelines in the front would be amazing plus an option for auto tilt down of the side mirrors in reverse.
If you tap the 360 view button it shows the tires which is helpful if you are in a tight spot.

africonda

First Name
etchu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Quad Motor
Occupation
some say I am an attorney I call myself a hustler
I would love that when i click to open my garage my screen would automatically change to birds eye view or when i approach a certain location like my house the windows fold and the screen would go to birds eye

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

When you open your app, scroll to the bottom. There is a “Share Feedback” option. No idea if it works or goes anywhere, but I would guess it’s a place to start for software requests. Or it just goes to their junk mail folder.
Sponsored