Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I’m not so sure those are dents, the second one has a similar reflection on the gear tunnel door.

I know my Jeep GC catches light in strange ways where occasionally walking up to it looks like it is dented. Caused me concern first couple of times thinking it was hit in a parking lot.
Definitely dented.If you watch that portion of the video you can see the reflection warping in the same spot on both vehicles. Tunnel door, didn't notice any similar issues
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Definitely dented.If you watch that portion of the video you can see the reflection warping in the same spot on both vehicles. Tunnel door, didn't notice any similar issues
I disagree, watch it at 1/4 speed starting at 2:08, you can see the back truck round the corner and the front door has nothing on it. You then see reflections walk onto it and shift.

Neighbors

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius
Occupation
Media Development
Curious if its an issue during the manufacturing process and they have to pop the dent further down the line often?
Rivian R1T R1S [Official] New Rivian Manufacturing Plant Video 1650549648323-
Good eye, @MountainBikeDude. Perhaps one of the last steps involves someone putting their finger over the air compressor outlet, turning it on, and then waiting until these random dents pop themselves back out.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Not a dent, it's a reflection. If you watch it a few times you'll see the effect of a "dent" along the entire side of the truck at the line.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Curious, was the max pack the reason why you didn't reserve a LE?
100000%

While I'm going for the max pack for those 5-10% usage cases, My current vehicle gets 300 miles of range on a good day (2010 Xterra) and at times, find it painful how often I have to stop on road trips for gas. While yes, it's good to get out of the vehicle and stretch quickly while I refuel, having to do that but for extended periods during a charge, I'd never hear the end of it from my wife haha.

Also a good deal of the areas we tend to explore are more remote, but also require a 2 hour+ drive through mountain passes to get to the logging road etc. If we are lucky, there's a level 2 charger en route. That wouldn't cut it. Part of my logic too is accounting for range loss over time and use in cold weather, etc.

Frustrating not being able to get the max pack as an LE, but is what it is. When I first learned of the vehicle in '19, the one thing I was always hard set on, was the 400 mile range battery. So when the max pack slipped passed early production, while frustrating, didn't really detract enough from my original "config" to switch.

Honcho

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
100000%

While I'm going for the max pack for those 5-10% usage cases, My current vehicle gets 300 miles of range on a good day (2010 Xterra) and at times, find it painful how often I have to stop on road trips for gas. While yes, it's good to get out of the vehicle and stretch quickly while I refuel, having to do that but for extended periods during a charge, I'd never hear the end of it from my wife haha.

Also a good deal of the areas we tend to explore are more remote, but also require a 2 hour+ drive through mountain passes to get to the logging road etc. If we are lucky, there's a level 2 charger en route. That wouldn't cut it. Part of my logic too is accounting for range loss over time and use in cold weather, etc.

Frustrating not being able to get the max pack as an LE, but is what it is. When I first learned of the vehicle in '19, the one thing I was always hard set on, was the 400 mile range battery. So when the max pack slipped passed early production, while frustrating, didn't really detract enough from my original "config" to switch.
Really appreciate you taking the time to explain. Very well thought out and forward thinking. Makes total sense! Good luck to you and your Rivian.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

No they're not.

The video segment shows the "dents" appear as the camera rotates around the line and the trucks catch the light.

It warps in the same spot because they camera is moving across a linear path relative to the trucks.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
100000%

We are in the same boat. It’s good to have company as we float along waiting for next year. Heh.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I disagree, watch it at 1/4 speed starting at 2:08, you can see the back truck round the corner and the front door has nothing on it. You then see reflections walk onto it and shift.
I agree with you. Not a dent. Thought it was at first. Carefully reviewed the video. Just reflection.
Sponsored