First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I happened to be in Venice this past weekend and saw one of the trucks had the camp kitchen out. So far I had only seen renderings and videos so I took a few pics from as many angles as I could think of

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0824

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0826

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0827

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0828

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0829

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0830

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0831

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0832

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Out in the Open in Venice IMG_0833
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Previously the cutting board has been black like the rest of the unit, otherwise this one looks pretty much the same as before. Interesting!

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Im curios about the lights and poles but they never seem to have them to show.

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Thank you for the "underneath" photos. I would love to build my own camp kitchen, so geeking out on the how it's put together stuff.

What's in that flap door under the cooktop? Maybe access to the plug between the gear shuttle and the cooktop ... I have wondered how they handle removing of the pieces of of the kitchen from the shuttle.

And how do they prevent the door banging into the kitchen?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for the "underneath" photos. I would love to build my own camp kitchen, so geeking out on the how it's put together stuff.

What's in that flap door under the cooktop? Maybe access to the plug between the gear shuttle and the cooktop ... I have wondered how they handle removing of the pieces of of the kitchen from the shuttle.

And how do they prevent the door banging into the kitchen?
Yes the flap is to unplug the 110v for the stove.

the door is dealt with by putting child lock on that door and just not opening it

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

It just occurred to me that this Snow Peak cookware must be different from the titanium stuff I am used to seeing from Snow Peak. The induction stove needs ferrous cookware to operate. I’d suspect the bottoms of the kettle and pans are an iron and titanium alloy or contain a steel plug if some kind.

Is this cookware available from Snow Peak outside of Rivian or is it more sole-sourced custom gear?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It just occurred to me that this Snow Peak cookware must be different from the titanium stuff I am used to seeing from Snow Peak. The induction stove needs ferrous cookware to operate. I’d suspect the bottoms of the kettle and pans are an iron and titanium alloy or contain a steel plug if some kind.

Is this cookware available from Snow Peak outside of Rivian or is it more sole-sourced custom gear?
if you poke around the snow peak site you can piece together 99% of it. Corkscrew amd vegetable peeler I haven’t found on any snow peak site. Not even the Japanese one.

The pot/pan set is aluminum with a conductive coating to allow induction use.
mentioned in product description on snow peak UK website but not the US one:
https://snowpeak.co.uk/collections/cookware/products/field-cooker-pro

the plates and bowls are the standard stainless ones.
https://www.snowpeak.com/collections/tableware/products/tableware-set-family-updated

Cutlery and mugs are titanium.
https://www.snowpeak.com/collections/tableware/products/titanium-fork-and-spoon-set-sct-002 (snow peak used to sell this as a fork knife spoon set but now only fork and spoon. Maybe for air travel reasons. Rivian‘s kitchen comes with the knives, which are like a sharp butter knife. Very useful)

Two sets of mugs:
https://www.snowpeak.com/collections/mugs/products/stacking-mug-set-h

kettle & coffee grinder is stainless(and a thing of beauty. We have one and use it every day):
https://www.snowpeak.com/products/field-barista-set

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I appreciate the thorough list! I was ogling Snow Peak last weekend at REI when we went to purchase some plastic place settings. Hard to justify the upcharge for car camping, but we might piece together a small set as our toddler ages into backpacking with mom and dad 😁
Sponsored