First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Any talk of starting up the road show again? I would feel a lot better about completing my order if I could actually see one in person.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I suspect Covid is still too big of an issue for the kinds of densely packed events they've held so far, especially with the distances some people travel to attend. But keep in mind that the $1000 cost of the pre-order is fully refundable. They are still planning to allow for test drives at some point after the online configurator is released which will be much more meaningful than the "look but don't touch" road show events. Of course the ability to offer test drives will also be a function of local covid restrictions so who knows how any of this will actually play out.

OP
OP

RivianKnight

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer
I suspect Covid is still too big of an issue for the kinds of densely packed events they've held so far, especially with the distances some people travel to attend. But keep in mind that the $1000 cost of the pre-order is fully refundable. They are still planning to allow for test drives at some point after the online configurator is released which will be much more meaningful than the "look but don't touch" road show events. Of course the ability to offer test drives will also be a function of local covid restrictions so who knows how any of this will actually play out.
They could do it by appointment outside.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
They could do it by appointment outside.
It's doable, but definitely requires more effort than pre-COVID. It's also a reason (excuse?) to delay, especially of they feel the business benefit is limited.

OP
OP

RivianKnight

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer
It's doable, but definitely requires more effort than pre-COVID. It's also a reason (excuse?) to delay, especially of they feel the business benefit is limited.
I just do t see the benefit of any more delays. They are losing potential sales to traditional car manufacturers.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I just do t see the benefit of any more delays.
How about providing test drives of what you will actually be able to purchase?
They test line is producing production spec vehicles that will allow this. Some (many?) people will not be comfortable with a Rivian employee sitting next to them, and Rivian is not likely comfortable sending people on unaccompanied test drives. Some people will want/need to know "right now" what exactly they will be able to get when Rivian starts shipping. Most will be able (mostly reluctantly) to wait until a few months before the first units start shipping to test drive.
It is pretty certain that the planned timing is that test drives will be available before the conversion to an actual order is needed.

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford E-350 7.6L Power Stroke
Occupation
Retired
Any talk of starting up the road show again? I would feel a lot better about completing my order if I could actually see one in person.
This year's Rebelle Rally will have a pre-production R1T entered. Emme Hall (driver) and Rebecca Donaghe (navigator) will be in the Rivian EV. It's the first time an EV has been entered in this 2000 km race which focuses on navigation skills and time to completion combined. Emme and Rebecca won the SUV category last year in a Royce Royce $400,000+ SUV. In 2018, they placed first in the 4X4 category in a Jeep Rubicon. A very talented team in the R1T. The race will be live streamed running from Oct. 8-18 across the desert back roads of Nevada and California. I expect Emme to have real time reporting on the Rivian's performance. #voiceofexperience

JeepersAlley

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Mod 3, 23 Ford Lightning, 23 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Semi Retired
Does anyone know if Rivian has any on display to see, if one were to stop by the HQ/factory?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Does anyone know if Rivian has any on display to see, if one were to stop by the HQ/factory?
No, none of their facilities are currently open to the public and the road show is still on hold.
Sponsored