First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Yes, but I'm wondering if that was a mistake & he meant 22"...although RJ seems to be a details guy.
I asked that to Rivian in their video, but never got an answer... not sure of the facebook person didn't want to say RJ was mistaken or if they just hadn't released that info yet...
Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I asked that to Rivian in their video, but never got an answer... not sure of the facebook person didn't want to say RJ was mistaken or if they just hadn't released that info yet...
I feel like RJ wouldn’t mess up on the size and maybe like you said it’s not released yet.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I suspect there are still many surprises in store for us.

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I feel like RJ wouldn’t mess up on the size and maybe like you said it’s not released yet.
I also have a hard time thinking he was mistaken. Not only does RJ seem detail oriented, but that it also would have had to get past their production team.. and it’s not like they are making videos every week (we wish).

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Just for some fun, do you think Rivian will also have their own dating app

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Rob P

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2014 BMW 650 convertible, 2014 Mercedes C class wife, 4 Dodge Rams trucks for work
Occupation
Own a Landscape and Christmas decorating company
White R1s with the grey/white combo that was at one of the shows.
185 or 135 kw battery. I haven't decided yet until I see some real world milage figures
Electrochromatic Roof
Premium Sound
Tow package.
roof rack
Heads up display would be nice
I am willing to deviate if it bumps me up the waiting list. I really would like to see and sit in one in person before purchase. My back is picky about seats

Last edited:

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
R1S with 135 kW battery

not sure about colors, hope to see options in person before final selection

would love to see camping options for the R1S, ala the kitchen for R1T

solid roof (easier to repair from hail, right?)

something other than wood trim. Just not a fan, though I appreciate that others are.

interior materials that can take a beating and are easy to clean. Camping+kids = food, muck, and mysterious substances ground into seats, floors, ceiling, etc.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
solid roof (easier to repair from hail, right?)
Hmm... that could really depend on whether the roof were steel or aluminum. My past experience with hail and aluminum body panels is that it's an immediate panel replacement.

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Hmm... that could really depend on whether the roof were steel or aluminum. My past experience with hail and aluminum body panels is that it's an immediate panel replacement.
Thanks for the feedback. Any sense whether the Rivian roof will be steel or aluminum?

I was also thinking that compared with the glass roof, it would be easier/cheaper to repair (or replace) than a glass roof. Is that not correct?

Other options that occurred to me:
factory tint

"winter package" if there is such a thing

R1S-specific bike and ski racks, if such things will exist

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thanks for the feedback. Any sense whether the Rivian roof will be steel or aluminum?

I was also thinking that compared with the glass roof, it would be easier/cheaper to repair (or replace) than a glass roof. Is that not correct?

Other options that occurred to me:
factory tint

"winter package" if there is such a thing

R1S-specific bike and ski racks, if such things will exist
I've heard nothing so far regarding steel or aluminum for the roof. Glass might actually hold up better against hail, up to a point. Dents in steel are easy to repair, up to a point. Repairing aluminum takes a lot more time and skill when it's repairable which is why panels tend to simply get replaced.

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
I’m surprised there are much more 135kw than 180kw. What is leading most to pick the mid size battery option?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I’m surprised there are much more 135kw than 180kw. What is leading most to pick the mid size battery option?
For me, it's the ability to get the 3rd row in the R1S. I'd probably opt for the 180 if I could get it with the 3rd row.

Also, I'd rarely use the extra capacity provided by the 180. Long road trips are infrequent, and I like to stop every few hours anyway.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Price point for me

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
For me, it's the ability to get the 3rd row in the R1S. I'd probably opt for the 180 if I could get it with the 3rd row.

I too would love the 180 kW option with 3rd row seating. Alas, Rivian has told us that's not in the cards, at least for this first generation. 3rd row seating takes priority, thus the 135 kW battery it is.

Though maybe the 135 kW battery has a silver lining: I'll second Jehorton's point that budgetary considerations are a factor. Like many others, I'm drumming my fingers while wondering what the options will be . . . and how much they cost.

Pricey, but oh so darned extraordinary seeming vehicles. Hope to have a chance to see one in real life in the near future.
Sponsored