Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This is great to see, this would cover the DC area too wouldn’t it? I know some have been wondering when DC, northern VA and parts of Maryland would be covered.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
is there an address for this place? i may be going tomorrow!

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Yes I think this should cover DC, northern Virginia, and the western shore of Maryland except southern Maryland which should be covered by Richmond.

Thanks @kanundrum!!!:like:
Give us more details though!
Where is it?
Are they ready to start making deliveries from this site?
How many of those people are employed there?
Is it the building behind them with the glass wall? If so could this also be a hub location?
Did you talk with anyone from the team? I bet you did and you took the pics ;)

GTodd

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Corvette, 2019 Toyota Tundra, 2019 Toyota Tacoma, 2002 Ford Thunderbird
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Still trying to figure out where Delaware is going to be covered from...this is about 2 hours away, not awful except the DC traffic! The other one is Brooklyn, NY as far as I know.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Nice! My daughter lives in Sterling, VA. Next trip from Pennsylvania to DC will include this as a waypoint!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Is there anything to see? In particular R1Ts?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yes I think this should cover DC, northern Virginia, and the western shore of Maryland except southern Maryland which should be covered by Richmond.

Thanks @kanundrum!!!:like:
Give us more details though!
Where is it?
Are they ready to start making deliveries from this site?
How many of those people are employed there?
Is it the building behind them with the glass wall? If so could this also be a hub location?
Did you talk with anyone from the team? I bet you did and you took the pics ;)

Today will let you know.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

From Eric O who stopped by 5 min ago

Just contractors working on the space plus two delivery flat bed trucks, and a solar paneled security camera.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Still trying to figure out where Delaware is going to be covered from...this is about 2 hours away, not awful except the DC traffic! The other one is Brooklyn, NY as far as I know.
On another thread someone who talked with the contractors finishing up in Richmond said they were going to Delaware next.
I am in the Philadelphia suburbs so northern DE works since PA still doesn’t allow service/delivery centers for Rivian.

Would be good for Rivian, like Lucid, to put in their website where these centers are or soon will be.

mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Rivian customer service will not confirm that a facility is open in Rockville Maryland is open. While there are job postings in the DMV I'm unable to find a Rivian business license in Rockville, Maryland or Montgomery County. It looks as though the photo was taken in the afternoon based on the shadows. If I'm correct the facility would then face west. Look more closely and the reflections in the glass show a tree line with topography that would further define the location. Having lived in the area for 50 years plus I'm unable to match it up. There does not seem to be any road salt residual on the lots. Our January has been cold. The tree behind the vehicles in the corner still has foliage? As much as I would like to see them open in MD I'm afraid it does not add up.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I am in the Philadelphia suburbs so northern DE works since PA still doesn’t allow service/delivery centers for Rivian.
I'm about an hour from Philadelphia, also have a vacation property in Delaware. I'm more than happy to take delivery in Delaware, since it feels like "Pennsylvania as usual" politics will be delaying Rivian physical deliveries in Pennsylvania till who knows when.....

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian customer service will not confirm that a facility is open in Rockville Maryland is open. While there are job postings in the DMV I'm unable to find a Rivian business license in Rockville, Maryland or Montgomery County. It looks as though the photo was taken in the afternoon based on the shadows. If I'm correct the facility would then face west. Look more closely and the reflections in the glass show a tree line with topography that would further define the location. Having lived in the area for 50 years plus I'm unable to match it up. There does not seem to be any road salt residual on the lots. Our January has been cold. The tree behind the vehicles in the corner still has foliage? As much as I would like to see them open in MD I'm afraid it does not add up.
Looking closely, one person is wearing a "First Mile" shirt. Have there been any First Drive events in the area? Perhaps this is actually a photo from that event, and may not be the actual Rivian facility? Could also be an employee who manages First Drive events.....

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It is the old BMW dealership on Rockville Pike.

Address: 1300 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland

@Wags

From Eric O who stopped by 5 min ago

Just contractors working on the space plus two delivery flat bed trucks, and a solar paneled security camera.
Sponsored

Last edited: