Sponsored

LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos

J__Fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Seems to be a lot of LG’s with the black rims popping up (and I have to admit they look good-better than in the initial renderings). How many are you opting for the added expense to get the black to pair with the LG?
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Seems to be a lot of LG’s with the black rims popping up (and I have to admit they look good-better than in the initial renderings). How many are you opting for the added expense to get the black to pair with the LG?
I've had LG/ 20" AT Black configured since they offered them.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My choice……

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I would love some help from those in this group who have seen the LG in person. I keep waffling between Black Mountain and Ocean Coast. Thank you.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I would love some help from those in this group who have seen the LG in person. I keep waffling between Black Mountain and Ocean Coast. Thank you.
Really, I think it works with either interior. I prefer lighter seats as they stay a bit cooler and I like the look. For the dash, the lighter wood is not my favorite, black mountain looks a bit better.

Forest edge has the best looking wood trim and it’s not even close but I don’t want to pay for it ?.

Last edited:

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Really, I think it works with either interior. I prefer lighter seats as they stay a bit cooler and I like the look. For the dash, the lighter wood is not my favorite, black mountain looks a bit better.

Forest edge has the best looking wood trim and it’s not even close but I don’t way pay for it ?.
I like the Ocean Coast which was my first configuration with my Launch Green (also original config).

After seeing Launch Green and Forest Edge in person, I moved to the Forest Edge interior and kept the Launch Green exterior. I really like the dash for Forest Edge.

After looking at Ocean Coast coupled with the grey interior moldings and carpet, the Ocean Coast popped for sure, and maybe I am justifying my switch to Forest Edge, it did not blend/transition well. The seat color felt out of place.

Maybe if they lighten the interior moldings to blend with Ocean Coast better, I would keep the Ocean Coast config, or if our exterior color was white like when I saw the white R1S at the SF Event Last Year, it was stunning.

I like the grey tones from the Forest Edge. It was not as green as the configurator shows. It transitioned/blended well between the grey moldings and carpet.

Not sure this helps. The bummer is the cost impact.

As far as heat absorbing in sunlight or hotter areas with darker interiors...you will have control of cooling the car before you get to it via the mobile app...so if you like Black Mountain...go for it!

I think in order of wood look preference for me, I like Forest Edge, Ocean Coast, and Black Mountain in order of preference. It also depends on the exterior color too.

Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
This is the best head-on picture I’ve seen of the dark 20s. The nuance of the black vs. the less black tinted portions are really visible, and adds some dimension which cannot be achieved with a blanket powder coat.

Rivian, please make this option $1700 for LE configs. Please!

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Seen in Huntington Beach, CA

271846332_4946706845425131_8739107005227754949_n.jpg

271851285_4946706862091796_4903939581721623888_n.jpg
The 22" Sports are really growing on me! I need an AT tire but I'm pleasantly surprised how sharp these look with the LG.
Sponsored