Sponsored

Delay customer delivery for accessories?

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
A FB employee post from yesterday when asked about impressions said "what can I say? It’s a launch edition with the 135kwh pack. Camp kitchen and tent to come soon."

It appears that at least those 2 accessories were not available for his truck. It's one thing to deliver an incomplete order to an employee, but would they do that for a customer? Could that delay LE orders?

The other possibility is that they are available and just have limited numbers and are saving them for non-employee customers, but I find that less likely.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
A FB employee post from yesterday when asked about impressions said "what can I say? It’s a launch edition with the 135kwh pack. Camp kitchen and tent to come soon."

It appears that at least those 2 accessories were not available for his truck. It's one thing to deliver an incomplete order to an employee, but would they do that for a customer? Could that delay LE orders?

The other possibility is that they are available and just have limited numbers and are saving them for non-employee customers, but I find that less likely.
They will go over that with you when they call you about your delivery. Land Rover had to do the same thing with everyone who wanted their new roof rack - they didn't have enough to go around. So they delivered the cars without on a lot of them.

not sure how much integration/installation the camp kitchen requires. The tent is easy to add at any point. I don't think they'd delay your order over a tent, but maybe the kitchen?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Would you rather get your truck sooner and wait on an accessory? Or would you rather delay receiving anything until you can get it all at once?

I suppose Rivian Guides could ask customers on a case-by-case basis as those situations arise, and customers can choose what they want. I bet most will choose to get their trucks asap and the camp kitchen can be installed later, when it's available.

Seems like a silly thing to complain about, really.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Doesn't read like a complaint to me. Just a normal question about potential impact on delivery timing.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Accessories come later. This happens all the time. My car came with a set of winter wheels/tires, and a car cover.

I didn’t get them until some time later.

Sponsored

OP
OP
endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Doesn't read like a complaint to me. Just a normal question about potential impact on delivery timing.
This. I wasn't complaining. I was just curious if my configuration of accessories would impact delivery timing. Some people on this board are overly sensitive.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I read that post. It's possible they didn't order it at delivery from their wording.
Sponsored