First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
You may want to call DirtFish Rally School out in Snoqualamie. I haven't tried. It's a big trek to their site from the highway - and I'm hoping to get some (fastish) highway driving in.
1636749529702.png

I have a First Drive reservation next weekend on 11/20. I'm going to try to loop from Issaquah, take the Preston exit off of I-90, then out past Sallish Lodge and then back toI-90 and then the pickup point in Issaquah. Google Maps shows that's a ~40 minute route :) The portion from Preston to Fall City is pretty sweet - curvey not super slow MPH.
1636749880460.png
That's a great route! Love it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
You may want to call DirtFish Rally School out in Snoqualamie. I haven't tried. It's a big trek to their site from the highway - and I'm hoping to get some (fastish) highway driving in.
1636749529702.png

I have a First Drive reservation next weekend on 11/20. I'm going to try to loop from Issaquah, take the Preston exit off of I-90, then out past Sallish Lodge and then back toI-90 and then the pickup point in Issaquah. Google Maps shows that's a ~40 minute route :) The portion from Preston to Fall City is pretty sweet - curvey not super slow MPH.
1636749880460.png
That is a fantastic idea! Totally forgot about Dirtfish. ?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Why not have Rivian meet you somewhere you can do some off road trails instead of meeting you at your home or near city/suburbs?

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Why not have Rivian meet you somewhere you can do some off road trails instead of meeting you at your home or near city/suburbs?
Valid question. Because I want to check that it fits the Garage/charger setup, do a quick walk-around then hopefully head to a local farm about 10 minutes away to tear up their pumpkin patch a bit, assuming it's not a total mud-hole.

Sponsored

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
I'm in the same area and trying to figure out the same thing! I really want to head east on HWY 2, but Monroe is as far as I can get before having to turn around.

Maybe a loop from 522 to Paradise Lake Road, and then back on the Woodinville Duvall Road?
I was actually thinking the same thing. Part of it depends on how long we spend going through the truck in my driveway. I feel pretty informed on what to expect, but my wife and daughter have only heard the stories I have told.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Update from CS no need to call Local farms to tear up defunct Pumpkin patches or try to get out to local rally tracks...it's safety first, and your guide will likely help determine what is safe and what isn't so don't get your hopes up for any off-roading. To be fair...with the 'River of Rain' pummeling the Seattle Area right now, guessing liability is a bit more elevated than normal. Thanks La Niña. ??

Me: Indeed, thanks! If I can get a local Family Farm (The Pumpkin/Corn Maze/Xmas Tree Lot variety) to allow for some "off-roading" during our time slot
...would Rivian be cool with that?!? ?

CS: Love the idea, super creative! While we can't wait for you to get behind the wheel, we still do want to ensure a safe environment for everyone involved. With that being said we can't commit to off-roading on the farm. But rest assured you'll be able to have all kinds of fun once you've taken delivery!

Me: Fair point. Can't hurt to ask. Guess it's a liability thing?!?

CS: You got it. Our team is still beyond excited to see you, and on your birthday no less! Feel free to ask your guide any and all off-roading questions you have when you meet up.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Guess we are Seattle metro after all...had our 1st mile experience today near Olympia. Not at all disappointed...now if only my guide would call...

The only real question I have is whether/how to get a 2nd fob. My wife and I would both like one.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Guess we are Seattle metro after all...had our 1st mile experience today near Olympia. Not at all disappointed...now if only my guide would call...

The only real question I have is whether/how to get a 2nd fob. My wife and I would both like one.
Wow! I mean why would the Capital not be included in the greater Seattle area ??? The more the merrier I say. ?

With phone, wrist band, and fob I doubt they'll offer two fobs, guessing it'll be an accessory to purchase down the road?!?

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I was actually thinking the same thing. Part of it depends on how long we spend going through the truck in my driveway. I feel pretty informed on what to expect, but my wife and daughter have only heard the stories I have told.
My wife's gonna be like...ok, great Yep, uh-huh apps, touchscreen, my eyes glazed over at how many PSI the air-thingy can do...so...can we leave now I need to put the Go Pedal on the floor. ?

I've been trying to warn her by saying 'over eight...hundr...I don't even get to say horsepower before she shush's me like Dr. Evil and Scotty. Let alone if I try to say the Torque numbers.

We've rolled a Prius for over a decade and added a Leaf in the past few years, and now we're jumping to 0-60 in 3-point-doesn't-matter and she's gonna just giggle, I know it. And that's a huge part of why I love her, forever. ✌❤⚡??

Sponsored

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
My wife's gonna be like...ok, great Yep, uh-huh apps, touchscreen, my eyes glazed over at how many PSI the air-thingy can do...so...can we leave now I need to put the Go Pedal on the floor. ?

I've been trying to warn her by saying 'over eight...hundr...I don't even get to say horsepower before she shush's me like Dr. Evil and Scotty. Let alone if I try to say the Torque numbers.

We've rolled a Prius for over a decade and added a Leaf in the past few years, and now we're jumping to 0-60 in 3-point-doesn't-matter and she's gonna just giggle, I know it. And that's a huge part of why I love her, forever. ✌❤⚡??
Record the giggle and save it as your ring tone.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
You'll really be able to test the Sports mode :rock:, as well as hill performance. My uncle lives off of 84th Ave, and getting up there from Island Crest Way is a fun little climb of a drive. Enjoy!
You may have underestimated Seattle 8am traffic...

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
That’s my neighborhood!
Must be a more recent photo too because if I'm not mistaken, that's the new Northern Window Wall on Climate Pledge Arena...Go Kraken?! ? ✌❤⚡??

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Update from CS no need to call Local farms to tear up defunct Pumpkin patches or try to get out to local rally tracks...it's safety first, and your guide will likely help determine what is safe and what isn't so don't get your hopes up for any off-roading. To be fair...with the 'River of Rain' pummeling the Seattle Area right now, guessing liability is a bit more elevated than normal. Thanks La Niña. ??

Me: Indeed, thanks! If I can get a local Family Farm (The Pumpkin/Corn Maze/Xmas Tree Lot variety) to allow for some "off-roading" during our time slot
...would Rivian be cool with that?!? ?

CS: Love the idea, super creative! While we can't wait for you to get behind the wheel, we still do want to ensure a safe environment for everyone involved. With that being said we can't commit to off-roading on the farm. But rest assured you'll be able to have all kinds of fun once you've taken delivery!

Me: Fair point. Can't hurt to ask. Guess it's a liability thing?!?

CS: You got it. Our team is still beyond excited to see you, and on your birthday no less! Feel free to ask your guide any and all off-roading questions you have when you meet up.
Hi Ryan, not sure if you saw it, but the guys on RivianStories had a guy on (Jeff?), I think in NJ. He had a beach pass to drive on the beach and Rivian allowed it and met him there.

Also, since your CS stated that your "guide will answer any and all off-roading questions". Since to date, I can't get Rivian to answer tons of simple questions...could you ask, as to the Off-Road package, which specific plates does it actually add to the underbody? It seems no one has really taken any quality pictures of the underbody. I think the off-road pk consists of maybe 3-4 plates in total at the front and rear, but it would be wonderful if Rivian would actually tell us.

Enjoy your day and Happy Birthday!
Sponsored