Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
D01D1F2D-9210-4A7E-AFCD-973F76E99871.jpeg
Laguna Hub Starting construction This week. Was told that it won’t be complete until September 2022. Iconic and old theater on Pacific Coast Hwy
Ugggg! Was hoping it would open sooner. Don’t really want to go to Venice Hub again to check out the R1S when it’s available
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Ugggg! Was hoping it would open sooner. Don’t really want to go to Venice Hub again to check out the R1S when it’s available
Seems like a long time to renovate a building when Lucid could build a brand new factory in Arizona in a year. Rivian need to speed up
Some of these developments. Personally some of the hubs could be in shopping malls like Apple and Tesla. They don’t all need to be iconic, elaborate areas. Not every Apple store is like the fifth avenue NYC store.

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

It’s a very old building (former movie theater). What makes it hard is Laguna Bch City is very challenging to deal with. I believe it’s classified a historical building so no real surprises in time required to make the Lagunatics happy. Laguna Hotel remodel is experiencing the same issues

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

The map distortion is intentional. It prevents us from determing exact locations like we were able to do with the previous RAN map.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The map distortion is intentional. It prevents us from determing exact locations like we were able to do with the previous RAN map.
Is it so terrible if people work out rough locations? Should be obvious in many cases - Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, DC, Raleigh/Charlotte, Atlanta, Miama etc not rocket science.
I would like to see them do something similar to the Porchse delivery experience at the factory - use the test track, have a tutorial on the cars feature etc. would be a nice high class touch and they can charge for that too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like a long time to renovate a building when Lucid could build a brand new factory in Arizona in a year. Rivian need to speed up
Some of these developments. Personally some of the hubs could be in shopping malls like Apple and Tesla. They don’t all need to be iconic, elaborate areas. Not every Apple store is like the fifth avenue NYC store.
Renovating an existing historic building is incredibly slow. In most (all?) areas, if you are repurposing the building, i.e. theater to retail, it has to be brought up to current codes, so it's likely they have to install sprinklers, all new electrical service, HVAC air exchange requirements, etc. etc. One of my business locations is in a historic building that was previously renovated up to code. We did *minor* changes to the building to move in - approvals by the Historical Review Board took 4 months, plus all the other codes departments took their time. These Historical Review Comisssions in my area typically meet only once a month in voting sessions. If they want one change (they always do), it's a 3 to 4 month cycle to get final approval.

I agree that this is an unnecessary effort for Rivian. It might be a cool location and concept, but it's not what they should be spending their time and money on right now.

Here's an an article on what Rivian has faced so far trying to renovate the theater.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Renovating an existing historic building is incredibly slow. In most (all?) areas, if you are repurposing the building, i.e. theater to retail, it has to be brought up to current codes, so it's likely they have to install sprinklers, all new electrical service, HVAC air exchange requirements, etc. etc. One of my business locations is in a historic building that was previously renovated up to code. We did *minor* changes to the building to move in - approvals by the Historical Review Board took 4 months, plus all the other codes departments took their time. These Historical Review Comisssions in my area typically meet only once a month in voting sessions. If they want one change (they always do), it's a 3 to 4 month cycle to get final approval.

I agree that this is an unnecessary effort for Rivian. It might be a cool location and concept, but it's not what they should be spending their time and money on right now.

Here's an an article on what Rivian has faced so far trying to renovate the theater.
Thanks for the article, very interesting. I am all for these type of refits but they need to be mindful of time and money and there are other options to get showrooms, information centers and test drives out to people.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Nice! Wish the Arizona locations were more spread out. They are kind of close to each other. Nothing in southern part of AZ; bummer

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Harrison @TXKidd, have you or anyone else in the Dallas area, 2512 Hawes Ave, seen any sign of construction? The last notice I saw was the projected starting date on Nov 1, 2021.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Harrison @TXKidd, have you or anyone else in the Dallas area, 2512 Hawes Ave, seen any sign of construction? The last notice I saw was the projected starting date on Nov 1, 2021.
I actually drove by again about a week ago (Probably the 1st or 2nd, but now don't recall) and I still did not see any signs of work being done, at least on the exterior. No noticeable changes compared to my previous visit.

Hopefully that will change soon!

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I actually drove by again about a week ago (Probably the 1st or 2nd, but now don't recall) and I still did not see any signs of work being done, at least on the exterior. No noticeable changes compared to my previous visit.

Hopefully that will change soon!
Thanks for checking and I hope it changes soon too.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Nice! Wish the Arizona locations were more spread out. They are kind of close to each other. Nothing in southern part of AZ; bummer
They all seem to be in Southern AZ. Clustered in Phoenix and one in Tucson.
Sponsored