R1S comparable to which models in Gas vehicles in size

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Well, its a bummer that they said r1s would be 202" in length but the new website says 200.8?‍♂

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Well, its a bummer that they said r1s would be 202" in length but the new website says 200.8?‍♂
The old site had that mis-info as well, shame they didn't get it corrected (even after I mentioned it to CS recently). It is listed correctly in the FAQs though.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

The old site had that mis-info as well, shame they didn't get it corrected (even after I mentioned it to CS recently). It is listed correctly in the FAQs though.
Better to fit inside my garage!

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
No, I think you misunderstood. The correct length is 202 inches.
I got this email yesterday when I asked about the lenght on the R1S and why it was still 200.8in in the new website when I've been told by cs reps the actual lenght is 202in.

"Good afternoon and thanks for reaching out to us here at Rivian. Happy Wednesday!

I apologize for the confusion and any miscommunication between our teams and our specs page on our website. The length for the R1S is, in fact 200.8 inches"

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
I got this email yesterday when I asked about the lenght on the R1S and why it was still 200.8in in the new website when I've been told by cs reps the actual lenght is 202in.

"Good afternoon and thanks for reaching out to us here at Rivian. Happy Wednesday!

I apologize for the confusion and any miscommunication between our teams and our specs page on our website. The length for the R1S is, in fact 200.8 inches"
Wait, what?!

They really need to get this straight and make sure everyone is on the same page and that every part of the website is in agreement. This is super, super, super basic information.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

I see they're being as consistent as ever. :(

You should contact them today and ask why it is still listed as 202" on their Support page. They can't both be right. Or can they? The Support page does say "depending on your configuration" so perhaps 202" is with the tow-hooks and 200.8" is without?

product page:
Rivian R1T R1S R1S comparable to which models in Gas vehicles in size r1slength1

support page:
Rivian R1T R1S R1S comparable to which models in Gas vehicles in size r1slength2

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I wish we could get more information about the dimensions at different angles. The _where_ it is 200" long is just as important as the fact that it is. These are not carboard boxes. They have tapers and angles that are important for getting around it when parked in a tight spot like a garage.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I see they're being as consistent as ever. :(

You should contact them today and ask why it is still listed as 202" on their Support page. They can't both be right. Or can they? The Support page does say "depending on your configuration" so perhaps 202" is with the tow-hooks and 200.8" is without?

product page:
r1slength1.png

support page:
r1slength2.png
I noticed today that the Support page has been updated to reflect an R1S length of 200.8 inches which now matches the product page.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I noticed today that the Support page has been updated to reflect an R1S length of 200.8 inches which now matches the product page.
This makes me sad but at least we know (assuming they finally got their information correct lol)

It's really going to come down to how they handle the second row with car seats and leg room of the 3rd on whether we will have an R1S sitting in our garage late next year.?

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
I wish we could get more information about the dimensions at different angles. The _where_ it is 200" long is just as important as the fact that it is. These are not carboard boxes. They have tapers and angles that are important for getting around it when parked in a tight spot like a garage.
Sure it would be nice, but let's be realistic....what other manufacturer does that?

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

This makes me sad but at least we know (assuming they finally got their information correct lol)

It's really going to come down to how they handle the second row with car seats and leg room of the 3rd on whether we will have an R1S sitting in our garage late next year.?
1.2” is not a lot, just ask my wife.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs