Sponsored

Rivian Waiting Room: Have you pre-ordered with deposit?

What have you pre-ordered?

• Total voters

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I don't think the number represents anything but that is just my opinion. We are just getting anxious.
Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Placed my pre-order for the R1T yesterday. I'm in Oklahoma; I'm expecting to fly to Normal for delivery. Well, even if Rivian comes up with a dealership near me I'll still probably opt for factory delivery.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Congrats on placing your pre-order. :clap:

Well, even if Rivian comes up with a dealership near me I'll still probably opt for factory delivery.
Unless something has changed and I missed it, Rivian, like Tesla, has no plans on building dealerships. I doubt that will change but at this point we virtually have no info on the purchase process including delivery so our options for taking delivery are still unknown.

Last edited:

thejumpingsheep

First Name
Jumpi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not going to tell you
Interested in the R1T & R1S but too many questions.

For the R1S, the big one is will there be fast chargers on the road? I dont want a family car I cant charge while on a road trip. If so, when will they be available? This is basically a deal breaker for me unless the price is a lot lower. Without the chargers and needing to use slow ones, I wouldnt go much more than $50k else a used X at about $52k is much better deal especially since they get free lifetime charging.

Im ok with the Truck charging at home but I would want a lower price model. I dont need all the towing or load. I only need about 1 ton in the bed. The $39k cybertruck is fine for me spec wise but I really want to avoid Tesla so I am hoping Rivian will give us lower end options.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Interested in the R1T & R1S but too many questions.

For the R1S, the big one is will there be fast chargers on the road? I dont want a family car I cant charge while on a road trip. If so, when will they be available? This is basically a deal breaker for me unless the price is a lot lower. Without the chargers and needing to use slow ones, I wouldnt go much more than $50k else a used X at about $52k is much better deal especially since they get free lifetime charging.

Im ok with the Truck charging at home but I would want a lower price model. I dont need all the towing or load. I only need about 1 ton in the bed. The $39k cybertruck is fine for me spec wise but I really want to avoid Tesla so I am hoping Rivian will give us lower end options.
Rivian will use the CCS charging standard. Current map of 120 kW+ CCS (almost all are Electrify America locations with both 150 & 350 kW chargers). The EA network is expanding rapidly, and many more will be available by the time the R1S is shipping. Rivian has stated that they will be capable of 165 kW charging.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Waiting Room: Have you pre-ordered with deposit? 1590906714796

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Rivian has stated that they will be capable of 165 kW charging.
Everything I've read so far has indicated Rivian EAVs can support up to a 160 Kw charger. I know that's only a 5 kW difference but just wondering if there might have been some recent news claiming 165 (maybe other things?) that I hadn't read yet.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Everything I've read so far has indicated Rivian EAVs can support up to a 160 Kw charger. I know that's only a 5 kW difference but just wondering if there might have been some recent news claiming 165 (maybe other things?) that I hadn't read yet.
160 is what they've said previously, and all I've heard.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Francis Energy has built a very good network of charging stations across Oklahoma - not sure if they plan on expanding to other states.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Waiting Room: Have you pre-ordered with deposit? 1EA5A9DE-2E28-4D76-AA26-4CF08F4FE5E0

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Francis Energy has built a very good network of charging stations across Oklahoma - not sure if they plan on expanding to other states.
Interesting, haven't heard of Francis Energy before but glad to learn of the option. Any idea what their current rates are? Their web site is deliberately vague in that regard.

Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Interesting, haven't heard of Francis Energy before but glad to learn of the option. Any idea what their current rates are?
I have their app which shows pricing - they're at $12.60/hr for both CCS1 and CHAdeMO and $1.25/hr for J1772 at stations near me. Not having ever owned an EV I have no idea if this pricing is good or bad?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I have their app which shows pricing - they're at $12.60/hr for both CCS1 and CHAdeMO and $1.25/hr for J1772 at stations near me. Not having ever owned an EV I have no idea if this pricing is good or bad?
That depends on the vehicle (and it's SOC, ambient temp, taper rate, battery temp, etc.) and the Francis unit.
They show 2 different DCFC units, but you only listed one price. One is 50 kW and if a vehicle was able to pull that amount (with no taper) it comes out to ~$.25/kWh which for public charging is good but not spectacular. If that is the rate for the (up to) 200 kWh unit, that is a smokin' deal and cost could be as little as $.06/kWh.
If a vehicle (like the Rivan or most Teslas) that can use the full 40A available on the J1772, it is a good deal at about $.11/kWh. If the on-board charger is 32A, the price bumps to $.17.

All of the above assume no taper and therefore not charging to 100%

As a comparison, Electrify Americas current rate for a Rivian utilzing 160 kW on the 350 kW plugs (or 150 kW on the 150 kW plugs) would be ~$36/hr if you pay the $4/mo for Pass+. Otherwise it is $1 + $53/hr. Any vehicle that reports it is capable of charging at 125 kW or above gets pricing in the highest tier. EA doesn't look at actual charge speed, only what the vehcile is capable of. Hyndai/Kia owners got miffed at EA because their vehicles report 77 kW capability putting them in the 75 kW+ tier, but actual charging speeds are less than 75 kW. EA now allows them to sign up and get a reduced rate.

Kolbs11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Traverse and Chevrolet Impala
Occupation
Business Owner
Would be nice to see a show of hands of who's ordered so far. I'm in for a R1T with my $1k deposit! :)
When you say you are in for a R1T with your deposit, does that mean you know that's what you are going to configure when you can? I put a deposit down but it didn't ask me for which vehicle?

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
When you say you are in for a R1T with your deposit, does that mean you know that's what you are going to configure when you can? I put a deposit down but it didn't ask me for which vehicle?
your confirmation email will let you know you will have a choice between either one.
Sponsored