opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I certainly hope not.
Here’s my prediction…TFL will do a future Colorado off-road comparison Land Rover Defender 20” wheel (which has already failed twice on a rock in their videos) vs the R1S (b/c no R1T made avail-lol!) 20” wheel. And magically the Defender will win every time bc the R1S has no full size spare and is left stranded. Mark my words.
Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

You got weird about it. Don’t make it weird.
We've got people searching for people's home addresses from photo data and complaining about events and locations due to proximity to homeless populations and *I'm* the one making it weird?... Juuuuust sayin'.

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. I'll make sure the kids have their Rivian foil hats on nice and snugly. Hopefully that wards off some of the crazies, or maybe we'll just fit in better among the Venice locals. I liked the eco-terror cell best...
Definitely interested in hearing how your visit goes. Venice is about a 3 hour drive for me, but I'd totally drive down to check It out if it's worthwhile.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Here’s my prediction…TFL will do a future Colorado off-road comparison Land Rover Defender 20” wheel (which has already failed twice on a rock in their videos) vs the R1S (b/c no R1T made avail-lol!) 20” wheel. And magically the Defender will win every time bc the R1S has no full size spare and is left stranded. Mark my words.
You're probably right.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

So who is going? I'm going early. I would be nice to meet some people here at the event!

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Which owner will lend them a truck? I bet they’re not on rivian’s list for a press vehicle, with all their whining

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I have to say I’m excited for the Venice hub event. I will finally be able to sit inside an R1T in person.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was frustrated to find out they are hosting a private event on Friday, Saturday and I wasn’t selected.

I’m a preorder holder for an R1T, live within 10 miles of the location.

I contacted Rivian support, thinking maybe my email went to junk or spam and it was deleted. They confirmed I wasn’t selected for the private event but I can show up on Sunday.

I asked how are people being selected? Proximity, vehicle configured, preorder date? Basically I wasn’t given an answer. But was told they will note my frustration and interest in the vehicle on my account.

10/13/2021, 7:18:21 AM - Jason Cvitanich: How is the selection made?
------
10/13/2021, 7:19:28 AM - Veronika: I don't have insight into how invites were sent out unfortunately.

Getting the impression the CS really has no idea. The decision must come from the powers above? So I ended the chat.

Of course I have interest in the vehicle, otherwise I wouldn’t have made a $1000.00 deposit for a preorder. Adding interest to my account notes. They might as well add that to all the preorder accounts.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I have to say I’m excited for the Venice hub event. I will finally be able to sit inside an R1T in person.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was frustrated to find out they are hosting a private event on Friday, Saturday and I wasn’t selected.

I’m a preorder holder for an R1T, live within 10 miles of the location.

I contacted Rivian support, thinking maybe my email went to junk or spam and it was deleted. They confirmed I wasn’t selected for the private event but I can show up on Sunday.

I asked how are people being selected? Proximity, vehicle configured, preorder date? Basically I wasn’t given an answer. But was told they will note my frustration and interest in the vehicle on my account.

10/13/2021, 7:18:21 AM - Jason Cvitanich: How is the selection made?
------
10/13/2021, 7:19:28 AM - Veronika: I don't have insight into how invites were sent out unfortunately.

Getting the impression the CS really has no idea. The decision must come from the powers above? So I ended the chat.

Of course I have interest in the vehicle, otherwise I wouldn’t have made a $1000.00 deposit for a preorder. Adding interest to my account notes. They might as well add that to all the preorder accounts.

What's your preorder date? That might be the reason.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
What's your preorder date? That might be the reason.
My preorder date is Aug 2020.

If the CS said the private event was full with earlier pre-orders I would have completely understood.

But the IDK how people are selected is a very frustrating answer. That and I will mark your interest and frustration on your account.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
My preorder date is Aug 2020.

If the CS said the private event was full with earlier pre-orders I would have completely understood.

But the IDK how people are selected is a very frustrating answer. That and I will mark your interest and frustration on your account.
Yes, they should just say it's full of early preorders. My cousin and I both are Dec 2018 and were invited. Not interested in that type of event though.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
We've got people searching for people's home addresses from photo data and complaining about events and locations due to proximity to homeless populations and *I'm* the one making it weird?... Juuuuust sayin'.
Good news, you’re not the only one! Part of a special club.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
So who is going? I'm going early. I would be nice to meet some people here at the event!
I couldn't get an invite to the early event so I will be there pretty close to when they open to the public on Sunday morning.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I couldn't get an invite to the early event so I will be there pretty close to when they open to the public on Sunday morning.
I don't have any invite as well. I'll be there Sunday morning with an orange hat.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I don't have any invite as well. I'll be there Sunday morning with an orange hat.
Day one, R1S LE reservation holder, 32 miles from the Venice location. No invite. Strange…

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Day one, R1S LE reservation holder, 32 miles from the Venice location. No invite. Strange…
Maybe they're prioritizing R1T?
Sponsored