Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
It is funny how the most innocuous appearing threads can lead to additions to the ignore list. I used to be pretty judicious with the use of that particular button but came to realize that my enjoyment of this site increased tremendously once I stopped pointlessly engaging with the vocal minority who will never be happy with anything Rivian might or might not do and instead started immediately digitally excising them from existence. In fact, reading responses that are obviously in response to these ghosts is often quite entertaining in and of itself.
None of it matters. We are all just bored and killing time at work. If we could all buy Rivian merchandise right now, we would complain that we don't have our LEs. If we all had our LEs, we would start to complain that the newer R1s are going to be winch capable, or float, or or get 600 miles on a charge. We are just a small community of people with nothing more in common than wanting the same vehicle. Why on earth would that mean we are all supposed to get along? And yes, to your point, it can be entertaining!

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Yes I received an invite to the event. There was an option to sign up for a 3 hour timeslot on Friday or Saturday October 15 or 16.
How far do you live from Venice. I live in Valencia and havenot received an invitation

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

It sounds like a lot of Rivian owners will be new to off-roading, so coordinating get-togethers to teach off-road basics, even camping basics to those interested could prove interesting.

I am wondering if Rivian will start to have classes like Land Rover does : quail_brochure_with_all_pricing_tcm293-358654.pdf (landroverusa.com)

I am assuming the dynamics of driving a Rivian is very different from an ICE 4X4....

Thoughts anybody...should one take the Land Rover class, and how different will it be when driving a Rivian?

I ask this because driving a rear-wheel drive car vs a front-wheel drive car in Snow is completely opposite techniques. So would it be a waste of money to do a 4X4 Class with traditional ICE vehicles? --- sounds like a great business opportunity to create here!!!

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I live 37 miles from Venice and I received an invitation, it was in my spam folder, but thanks to this forum I checked it.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
How far do you live from Venice. I live in Valencia and havenot received an invitation
I live in Simi Valley and got an invite.

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Hope they open one in NYC soon. These events (hosted by REI, Patagonia, etc.) can be great and I've learned a ton from them. Even got to see Conrad Anker talk about Meru before he successfully summited.

I don't know how the cost/benefit analysis works from a marketing perspective, but I'm glad they're available for those interested.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Looks like a nice spot. Wait till you see the the pictures of the Boston delivery center :surprised: !!

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I live 37 miles from Venice and I received an invitation, it was in my spam folder, but thanks to this forum I checked it.
I live 10 miles from Venice and I didn’t receive an email. Kind of bummed.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I live 10 miles from Venice and I didn’t receive an email. Kind of bummed.
I have to wonder if it has something to do with the combination of when you reserved (Are you a launch edition holder) and what you reserved. When I talked to customer service earlier today I mentioned that I was an R1S pre-order holder in Colorado, they indicated that since the R1S was so immensely popular in Colorado they will be doing something special here for that.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I have to wonder if it has something to do with the combination of when you reserved (Are you a launch edition holder) and what you reserved. When I talked to customer service earlier today I mentioned that I was an R1S pre-order holder in Colorado, they indicated that since the R1S was so immensely popular in Colorado they will be doing something special here for that.
Idk maybe. I’m a preorder holder. I currently have configured a launch edition R1T in launch green with 20” rims.

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
Well obviously your kids will be abducted by homeless gangs and turned into junkies while you are brainwashed and recruited to join an eco-terror cell, but sure just head over there and see what happens, you crazy son of a gun.
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. I'll make sure the kids have their Rivian foil hats on nice and snugly. Hopefully that wards off some of the crazies, or maybe we'll just fit in better among the Venice locals. I liked the eco-terror cell best...

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Do you think TFL will get an invite?

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer