Sponsored

Tesla Files Extended Complaint against Rivian Battery Tech

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer

Deleted member 3282

Tesla claims Rivian is stealing 'trade secrets' about its 'next-gen battery' in expanding lawsuit - Electrek

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Long-term feels like EV charging networks need to lean towards sharing a combined common-platform network rather than remaining proprietary first movers.
Elon Musk open to sharing Tesla software, battery: Trying to promote EVs, ā€˜not crush competitorsā€™
https://www.financialexpress.com/au...ric-cars-audi-hyundai-spacex-ev-tech/2040830/

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Guess he changed his mindā€¦that post is over a year old.
It's hard not to be butthurt when all his key people keep on jumping ship to Lucid and Rivian

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
It's hard not to be butthurt when all his key people keep on jumping ship to Lucid and Rivian
When you treat your people like crap, what do you expect?

Every former Tesla engineering person I've talked to, especially the ones that worked directly with Elon, said they would never do it again.

Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
When you treat your people like crap, what do you expect?

Every former Tesla engineering person I've talked to, especially the ones that worked directly with Elon, said they would never do it again.
I work in a FAANG (not Amazon), and I can tell you that every coworker I know that' worked at Tesla at some point is happy to be out. They talk about Tesla in a PTSD sort of way that is similar to how I hear ex-Apple people talk about Apple (So you can guess, I'm not at Apple either).

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I work in a FAANG (not Amazon), and I can tell you that every coworker I know that' worked at Tesla at some point is happy to be out. They talk about Tesla in a PTSD sort of way that is similar to how I hear ex-Apple people talk about Apple (So you can guess, I'm not at Apple either).
That is essentially what the people I've talked to say too. I've got friends at Space-X and Blue Origin, sounds just as bad.

I almost joined two of the more mild mannered FAANGs, turning them down wasn't necessarily the smartest financial move, but from an emotional and personal perspective it was gold.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
As you guys suggest, it appears Musk is in a different place today now that he already has staked Tesla's clear first mover advantage. While it did take them 10 years of losses before any EBITDA was produced, they have certainly been paid handsomely for the risk and effort made. This expanded suit plus his other complaints about electric car subsidies to other automobile firms clearly show Musk wanting to protect his moat further.

Cannot recall if Ford tried to stall competition in an industry they created because even I'm not that old.

Carry on Rivian and all other new EV efforts. Thank you Mr. Musk, you're a genius. Now please just go play with your rocket.

Last edited:

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I'm a big fan of Tesla's cars, but the company seems to be putting me off more and more as time goes on. I'm definitely glad they exist and have moved the needle on EV adoption, but it's great to have the competition coming along that we do. Hopefully these are just baseless accusations.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Oh so true, canā€™t blame em I guess. A smart young mind is always looking forward better opportunities, as a business owner happens to me all the time. Lessons learned, just got to treat them as best you can. I donā€™t sue them, it makes you look bad. But Iā€™m not a billionaireā€¦ ?
Sponsored