Colorado Checking In

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
There also hasn't been an EV available to date that fits the CO lifestyle. Rivian is drastically changing this and would expect high demand.
Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
I ordered the ChargePoint home flex charger (4-6 weeks delivery backlog). $699 on the website and if you are an Xcel customer you get $500 credit on the charger + the federal tax credit (until 12/31/21) which makes the charger completely free (at least for me as I already have a 6-50 plug in my garage and for others the federal tax credit offers a 30% credit up to $1,000 for charger and installation costs). Have taken the Rivian charger off my order...free beats $500 + installation. Great option for anyone to consider in Xcel's territory in CO. Hardwired the ChargePoint charges at 48 or 50 amps and will be able to use the full capacity of the Rivian's onboard system charging at 30+ miles per hour

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I ordered the ChargePoint home flex charger (4-6 weeks delivery backlog). $699 on the website and if you are an Xcel customer you get $500 credit on the charger + the federal tax credit (until 12/31/21) which makes the charger completely free (at least for me as I already have a 6-50 plug in my garage and for others the federal tax credit offers a 30% credit up to $1,000 for charger and installation costs). Have taken the Rivian charger off my order...free beats $500 + installation. Great option for anyone to consider in Xcel's territory in CO. Hardwired the ChargePoint charges at 48 or 50 amps and will be able to use the full capacity of the Rivian's onboard system charging at 30+ miles per hour
Do you have links to Xcel on where to get the information on this program/rebate?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Please keep us posted on how the Xcel rebate process goes. Are you having an electrician sign off on the application? Seems ridiculous for just plugging in the charger, but I can't see away around it based on the paperwork from Xcel.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Do you have links to Xcel on where to get the information on this program/rebate?
I spoke with Xcel electic vehicle team member about whether solar panels on my garage roof would disqualify me from participating in any of their incentive programs and it does not. I also asked if Rivian home chargers would eventually qualify for their "save plus optimize your charge program" and he said it doesn't now because the company has to partner with Xcel and they currently only have the 2 chargers on board. But they are looking to expand if other companies are interested so hopefully the Rivian charger will be added in the future. I"m an RS1 pre-order and don't anticipate getting my SUV until late spring 2022 but wanted to get the federal tax credit for the installation costs before 12/31/2021 deadline.

Here is their reply and links to their various programs:

Hi Johnny,

Congratulations on your order of the new Rivian! Looks good.

I am happy to advise that your grid-tied home solar does not conflict with the CO EV Accelerate at Home level two EV charger lease program. Follow the enrollment link below. To coordinate the charger install with your Rivian delivery please allow 4 – 6 weeks from the online enrollment to scheduled and completed

Charger Payment and Pricing

Warranty
Services
Monthly Payment
Wiring Requirements
Unlimited, lifetime warranty
  • Level 2 Charger
  • Charger set-up and hardwiring
  • Unlimited maintenance as long as you participate
$13.29 – Applied directly to your Xcel Energy bill240-volt circuit wiring from panel to charger location
Our qualified electricians can help you save with our home wiring rebate.

EV Charging Programs (xcelenergy.com)

Xcel Energy Home Wiring Rebate:

You're eligible if you:
  • Drive an electric vehicle (all-electric or plug-in hybrid)
  • Live in a residence that receives electric service from Xcel Energy in Colorado
  • Agree to charge during an off-peak schedule through our Save Plus-Optimize Your Charge program (enrollment required)

Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
They have multiple programs:
https://ev.xcelenergy.com/ev-charging-programs/

This one is the one where you rent the charger and sign up to their off-peak plan:
https://ev.xcelenergy.com/ev-accelerate-at-home-co

I am using the SAVE PLUS OPTIMIZE YOUR CHARGE program where you can BYO:
https://ev.xcelenergy.com/optimize-your-charge

Spoke to Xcel and I can claim the $500 once I have the physical charger at my house and can provide them with the charger serial number. you get an additional $50 annual bill credit for signing up to off-peak charging.

This is the list of info you need:

Follow the prompts in the enrollment form here: Enroll in Save Plus-Optimize Your Charge.

If you have a ChargePoint charger:

• After enrolling, you will receive an email from Xcel Energy and will be given a code to input in your charger’s app.
  • You will be prompted to fill in information including your first and last name, charger serial number, your electric meter and service number. The charger serial number is a 12-digit number. This can be found on the charger or its original packaging. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can provide you with your electric meter number and service number.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
They have multiple programs:
https://ev.xcelenergy.com/ev-charging-programs/

This one is the one where you rent the charger and sign up to their off-peak plan:
https://ev.xcelenergy.com/ev-accelerate-at-home-co

I am using the SAVE PLUS OPTIMIZE YOUR CHARGE program where you can BYO:
https://ev.xcelenergy.com/optimize-your-charge

Spoke to Xcel and I can claim the $500 once I have the physical charger at my house and can provide them with the charger serial number. you get an additional $50 annual bill credit for signing up to off-peak charging.

This is the list of info you need:

Follow the prompts in the enrollment form here: Enroll in Save Plus-Optimize Your Charge.

If you have a ChargePoint charger:

• After enrolling, you will receive an email from Xcel Energy and will be given a code to input in your charger’s app.
  • You will be prompted to fill in information including your first and last name, charger serial number, your electric meter and service number. The charger serial number is a 12-digit number. This can be found on the charger or its original packaging. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can provide you with your electric meter number and service number.
This is great info Lars! I am having trouble finding any details of the $500 rebate you speak of on a purchased Charge Point on xcel's website. (I see all the info about renting it for $13/mo) Where/how did you find this info out?

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is great info Lars! I am having trouble finding any details of the $500 rebate you speak of on a purchased Charge Point on xcel's website. (I see all the info about renting it for $13/mo) Where/how did you find this info out?
Ditto. I am literally in the middle of the work to get the electrical line run for my charger. I found out that I can't do a 60A line due to existing wiring so I'm doing a 50A install with NEMA 14-50 so I might as well do one of these ChargePoint chargers rather than the branded Rivian one. If I can get one rebated to free I'll just do that.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Ditto. I am literally in the middle of the work to get the electrical line run for my charger. I found out that I can't do a 60V line due to existing wiring so I'm doing a 50A install with NEMA 14-50 so I might as well do one of these ChargePoint chargers rather than the branded Rivian one. If I can get one rebated to free I'll just do that.
There is a federal tax credit extended to 12/31/2021 for a home charger installation.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
There is a federal tax credit extended to 12/31/2021 for a home charger installation.
Thanks! Do you happen to know in the details (just starting to read them right now) if this includes covering costs of the electrical retrofit to support the charger or just the charger itself?

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thanks! Do you happen to know in the details (just starting to read them right now) if this includes covering costs of the electrical retrofit to support the charger or just the charger itself?
The way I read it, it is the 30% of the complete installation up to 1K so 30% off of up to 3335 for the installation cost. In the form it has you take the lower of 1K or 33% of the installation cost (labor and materials).

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Here is a link to the $500 home wiring rebate but it looks like you still need to enroll in the "Save Plus Optimize Your Charge Program" to qualify.

https://ev.xcelenergy.com/home-wiring-rebate

In the FAQ section it says that it will cover the installation as well as the 2 chargers:
Permitting, materials, installation and electrical completed by a licensed electrician to install a 240-volt circuit to support a Level 2 charger. The following Level 2 chargers also qualify: ChargePoint Home Flex or Enel X JuiceBox.

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I drove by the 3893 Steele Street location this morning since I was in the area. There weren't any Rivian's outside which I was hoping for but a lot of contrition going on! The area is in the middle of being rehabilitated and looks like it'll be cool when its finished. The building itself that they're in definitely still has a few months worth of work to be completed. If this is dependent on before Rivian will start delivering to CO I wouldn't expect to see any before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Reactions: Rad

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
lol construction!
Sponsored