Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I wish I did mine on Nov 27, 2018 too...but I didn't:(, I told a buddy of mine (who BTW didn't know anything about the Rivian) in December and he plunked his cash then...I waited until end of Februrary 2019:eek:....

As much as I want Rivian to succeed, selfishly I hope some reservation owners dropped out;), regardless, it is what it is, time:time: will fly by fast enough...who knows maybe we get lucky:like: and we are in the first few thousand....

How long did it take you all to get your confirmation letter? I know I entered it late in February...I did not get my confirmation email until end of March:angry:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

MJB28

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2019 Tesla M3, 2020 Livewire
Occupation
Custom Home Construction
February 21st

krcossin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Suburban LTZ + 19 Volvo XC40
The Sat, Feb 23, 2019, 4:07 PM was the date I copied and pasted from my confirmation email with:
Your Rivian preorder is confirmed.
I placed my order that same day.
The email I got from Rivian on Mar 6, 2019, 3:06 PM was: Adventure is calling Thank you for preordering a Rivian.

Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
Dec 21 2018 for me

WalnutFarmer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tesla P85, GMC Yukon, Chevy Silverado
Problem is Rivian hasn't released numbers on how many pre-orders there have been to date, so hard to tell where you are in the cue. Plus if this is anything like pre-ordering Teslas, lots of folks drop out of the cue when they are asked to actually confirm their order and put up the cash. I was 42,000 or something in the Tesla list and quickly moved up as production of the Model S started. I have also read that if you get the larger battery pickup you will probably move up the list as well, since they plan to produce those first. Can anyone confirm this?

Sponsored

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Problem is Rivian hasn't released numbers on how many pre-orders there have been to date, so hard to tell where you are in the cue. Plus if this is anything like pre-ordering Teslas, lots of folks drop out of the cue when they are asked to actually confirm their order and put up the cash. I was 42,000 or something in the Tesla list and quickly moved up as production of the Model S started. I have also read that if you get the larger battery pickup you will probably move up the list as well, since they plan to produce those first. Can anyone confirm this?
I was told at the SF event that it will depend not only on battery size, but also the configuration. The Rivian employee we talked to said that they will want to test out the production line so they are going to try to do vehicles with all the different options earlier in the process to get the bugs worked out.

I was also told by multiple people that tank steer will be available without an additional charge, which is refreshing...

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Thanks for the info Kurt!

It appears right now that Rivian will not charge for software upgrades...but can someone at the Austin event re-confirm.

I do know from the SF/Mill Valley event that L2 Autonomous will ship with the Rivians and the L3 will be a software and hardware upgrade (which will require a cost for the hardware)....totally makes sense!

Again it appears Rivian has learned from Tesla's mistakes on charging for upgrades. I also understand if an upgrade requires more equipment (updated/new) that there is a cost for it.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Thanks for the info Kurt!

It appears right now that Rivian will not charge for software upgrades...but can someone at the Austin event re-confirm.

I do know from the SF/Mill Valley event that L2 Autonomous will ship with the Rivians and the L3 will be a software and hardware upgrade (which will require a cost for the hardware)....totally makes sense!

Again it appears Rivian has learned from Tesla's mistakes on charging for upgrades. I also understand if an upgrade requires more equipment (updated/new) that there is a cost for it.
Yeah, that's was my understanding from them as well. I don't mind paying extra for something that costs them extra to build the car and I understand that they have to recoup the cost of software development, but it is nice to feel like you aren't getting hit for everything.

As a long-time Tesla customer, I've seen them ebb and flow on things like this. It seems like they have been maturing as a company as of late so things seem to have stabilized, but I do appreciate that Rivian seems to be really learning from others' experience and listening to their customers as well. That type of approach will make me a loyal customer for a long time. I loved the fact that we got to talk to some of the people that are actually working on designing and building the cars and that they were actually taking notes from talking with us. Both my wife and I were so happy with the event and the people we were talking to that my wife was talking about replacing her beloved Model X with a R1S. That says something...

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
6/30/2019 for me and I too wish I'd gotten in line sooner. First, because I HATE waiting and I'm really excited. Second, my 2006 LR3 is clearly on its last legs & I don't want to be forced to buy a bridge car to get me to the Rivian.

Btw, does anyone know if they've said anything about trade-ins?

Jemel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
9/6/2019 here. I preordered a R1S as soon as Rivian popped up on my radar. Having just gotten my Model 3 the year before I wasn't exactly looking, but after being intrigued by the design and doing a little research I was hooked. I had seen the name Rivian before then but never really looked deeper.

As for my place in line, part of me wishes I found them earlier, but with my delivery no doubt much later it gives me time to save up more and have to finance less!
Sponsored