Sponsored

What would you do if price increased?

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
This is a hypothetical question and I don't think Rivian would do it, considering they have strong financial backing and with a potential IPO, they should be able to deliver the vehicles with the quoted price on their website.

But, what if Rivian does decide to increase their pricing during order confirmation based on final production numbers and logistical changes.
Tesla is notorious for this, and even after 10 years they can't finalize their pricing models for their vehicles.

So,

1. Would you accept a price increase and if you do what would you consider a reasonable increase from what is estimated on the site ?
Personally, I think this vehicle at it's current price has the best value proposition and it's already on the top end of my budget.
But I could stomach up to another 6000 increase, but beyond that I would consider cancelling my order.

2. For those who have been contacted by guides, have you had the prices confirmed as well ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This is a hypothetical question and I don't think Rivian would do it, considering they have strong financial backing and with a potential IPO, they should be able to deliver the vehicles with the quoted price on their website.

But, what if Rivian does decide to increase their pricing during order confirmation based on final production numbers and logistical changes.
Tesla is notorious for this, and even after 10 years they can't finalize their pricing models for their vehicles.

So,

1. Would you accept a price increase and if you do what would you consider a reasonable increase from what is estimated on the site ?
Personally, I think this vehicle at it's current price has the best value proposition and it's already on the top end of my budget.
But I could stomach up to another 6000 increase, but beyond that I would consider cancelling my order.

2. For those who have been contacted by guides, have you had the prices confirmed as well ?
I can see a price change if USD>CAD rates get weird. Otherwise no, at this point it seems unlikely to change.

if Tesla wasnā€™t running on Elonā€˜s whims, their pricing would probably be more stable.
Rivian seems to be sticking to auto industry norms, as far as ops goes.

my truck is $130k CAD as currently configured, before GST/PST. I will be very surprised if it changes for the worse.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL, I am carrying the COVID 15 and have a hard time bending over right now :D
How often does anyone need to bend over to touch their toes, really? ?

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
....But I could stomach up to another 6000 increase, but beyond that I would consider cancelling my order.....
$0 for me. By the time I get mine, I will have waited for, or nearly, 3 years and the price has either held firm, or actually decreased during this waiting time. That doesn't mean I would cancel my order if the price increased, but if I did purchase, I would try to have it sold at delivery.....strictly principle for me. During all this waiting period, we could have been led to expect an increase and not have it as a surprise the last minute. Nope, won't fly very well with me.

BTW, I'm led to believe this forum is monitored somewhat by Rivian. I personally don't believe it's a good idea to be voicing how much over the current price a person would be willing to pay. But, that's only my opinion.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
The value proposition I am referring to is, 7 Passenger Full Size SUV + 300 Miles Range* + Quad Motor Setup + Off Road Capabilities* + RAN Network.

As for 'Premiumness', that is still a big question mark until these things get to the hands of owners.
And I personally don't expect the interior and build quality to be up to the standards of an Audi, but based on the recent driver experience videos this might be a pleasant surprise.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I can see a price change if USD>CAD rates get weird. Otherwise no, at this point it seems unlikely to change.

if Tesla wasnā€™t running on Elonā€˜s whims, their pricing would probably be more stable.
Rivian seems to be sticking to auto industry norms, as far as ops goes.

my truck is $130k CAD as currently configured, before GST/PST. I will be very surprised if it changes for the worse.
Good point about the USD - CAD conversion. That is something to think about as well.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I would subtract a few options to even out the price because I have already budgeted for it

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I get nervous since every new picture we see seems to indicate another nice feature we previously saw or expected has been removed/scrapped/downgraded.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7E1B2FD1-428A-461B-AB6C-B7F88AEFC73F.jpeg

Letā€™s just hope they donā€™t get crazy and start charging these sort of prices. Horrible time to be a buyer right now ?
the used market, especially HD pickups is insanely inflated right now and not a fair comparison.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
the used market, especially HD pickups is insanely inflated right now and not a fair comparison.
Someone will pay it. Makes me feel better about waiting for a beautiful R1t
Sponsored