Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
So after todays small amount of updated info what's the over-under on when Rivian completes
R1T LE deliveries? I'm thinking a year from today June 1 2022. I'm inclined to take the under but that would be a tough bet.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I ordered 11/26/18 as well at 7:30 AM. Have nothing yet.??‍♂ R1t
Out of curiosity, what exterior/interior & wheels do you have configured?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

It just seems like everything is “soon”. I’m happy for the folks getting called today and the report out was nice. But if I’m being honest it seemed like a big nothingburger. The Guides have been in training all this time to deliver that information (or lack of). Sheesh!!!
? ? ? yeah I was wondering what the point of the "getting to know everything about the vehilces" part was for if they can't share it or at least give an impression beyond "Its Great"

On a side note, rode my cyclocross bike (lame way to make a road bike sound better to the mountain bike community in my opinion) to work today because huffing a full suspension with 180mm of travel through town while comfortable, wouldn't be fun. :whew:

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
As someone who decided to skip the LE train to let things settle out a little bit, I'm excited that folks are thinking about leaving their LE pre-orders - from my view its going to be a shorter wait is for us non-LE folks!
I’ll even take one of those canceled LE orders. There is only one or two exterior colors I wouldn’t take if became available. I seriously doubt that it would happen, but I do wonder what they will do if there are a bunch of LE cancellations or switches to non-LE for max pack or whatever other reason. Do they make less of the LEs or make the same amount as originally planned and open a few more LE reservations and/or reach out to non-LE reservation holders to see if they are interested. ?

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Not trying to belabor the point, but if communication would have been given, 90% of us would happily understand. I know/knew there will be logistical issues but when someone tells me time and time again we will do "XYZ" and it is happening "soon" or the various other diversion tactics that have been employed, I can't help but wonder what the truth actually is. Or better yet, will I receive accurate pertinent information.
I agree.

I think part of my rant was trying to get across that there is no hard schedule you can really nail down with whats been happening in the world. you're rolling with a Normal timeline (pardon the Normal Il pun) but then everything goes out the window when one thing goes sideways and has a massive trickle-down effect (the chip shortage as an example)

but yeah, better timelines or at least more firm than "Soon!" or "in the coming weeks" would go a long way

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
The level of armchair quarterbacking on this forum is mind boggling.

If I were running Rivian I’d be hesitant to even sell vehicles to people who will never be satisfied or appeased.
This forum?!?! Isn’t that what the entire internet is for these days? Honestly I am not sure which is better, armchair quarterbacking or blind fanboyism (is fanboyism a word? pretty sure it’s not a word..oh well)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In about a month, we will work through financing (3rd step) and trade in (2nd step).
Did you happen to ask when they will take your trade-in? I'm curious what happens if someone trades a vehicle in, and then returns the Rivian within the 7 day window...

I’ll even take one of those canceled LE orders. Do they make less of the LEs or make the same amount as originally planned and open a few more LE reservations and/or reach out to non-LE reservation holders to see if they are interested. ?
As far as I can tell they will make less. I've asked several different ways about getting in a wait list, inheriting a cancelled LE if I can coordinate it, getting on a returned LE waitlist, etc. Customer support has (basically) stonewalled all of those ideas.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This forum?!?! Isn’t that what the entire internet is for these days? Honestly I am not sure which is better, armchair quarterbacking or blind fanboyism (is fanboyism a word? pretty sure it’s not a word..oh well)
The number of times I've gone back and forth with Tesla-stans on Twitter that there are *other* BEVs that are worth considering... ?‍♂

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Did you happen to ask when they will take your trade-in? I'm curious what happens if someone trades a vehicle in, and then returns the Rivian within the 7 day window...
At delivery.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
At delivery.
Thanks. That'd make returning the Rivian a bit painful... ?

Just something to keep in mind if (some) people don't get to test drive before taking delivery.

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
As far as I can tell they will make less. I've asked several different ways about getting in a wait list, inheriting a cancelled LE if I can coordinate it, getting on a returned LE waitlist, etc. Customer support has (basically) stonewalled all of those ideas.
Guessing you got the same: “I can make a note that you are interested in your account”. I think it’s right up there with “soon” ? Not sure if anyone will ever look at those notes but worth a try. I can’t be mad at anyone but myself for not reserving earlier but still have to try if possible.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Guessing you got the same: “I can make a note that you are interested in your account”. I think it’s right up there with “soon” ? Not sure if anyone will ever look at those notes but worth a try. I can’t be mad at anyone but myself for not reserving earlier but still have to try if possible.
Lol. Yep. And same. ?‍♂ Not the end of the world.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
You don’t think this will hold then?

656EB41D-63C2-4DEC-8F52-722121F70657.jpeg
I'm sorry.....I don't see any JB Weld and for the life of me can not imagine someone not using it to keep their vehicle together. Just my opinion...
Sponsored