Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Except that only us nerds know any info was shared. No email, no announcement. How does it benefit "new people"?
I received an email this afternoon.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
That's what I am thinking too, but I don't see any connection to the actual tailgate to facilitate that in this photo.
Screenshot_20210507-115820.jpg
It appears to me that the load bearing panel is simply hinged to the bed floor and will rotate up with the tailgate. If you look at where the forward most point of the panel is, that’s in line with where the interior bed ends, making it flush with the tailgate when the tailgate is closed. The hinge is probably spring loaded to keep the upper end of the panel pressed against the tailgate when the tailgate is closed. The spring loaded hinge would alleviate the need for the panel to be attached to the tailgate at all.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Just what does this mean? Is this NOT a power tailgate?? "The R1T tailgate opens automatically and can be controlled through the app, fob, in-vehicle controls or a button on the bed rail."

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Does that increase just reflect the use of the 20" AT tires as opposed to the standard 21" AS tires? I think the minimum height is a little higher too.
I would say yes, since they state that the R1T was equipped with the 20" ATs...It is a 34.1" tall tire.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
From CS. Good news but my guess is that Gear Guard will be its own post (soon!). Gotta save some topics for the end of the month.
1620420459806.png

1620420471664.png

1620420487700.png
Never mind “low voltage”... I want to be able to run a powerful current through the cable as theft deterrent.
Must be those damn lawyers again ruining my fun.

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
If anyone followed Rebelle Rally or watched any of the previous videos like 'The Long Weekend" you would have seen the frunk exterior button in use.
Must have totally missed that, watched those from start to finish lol, those it's been a while.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Did we learn anything?
Well, the "110V outlets" (which are obviously 120V, grrr) are described as "15 amp" plugs. So maybe they have an 1,800 watt inverter? If so, great. but I suspect this is another marketing flub and they just mean the plugs are the type of plugs that you use at home which at home can supply 15A, but in the truck, some lower wattage.

At this rate, we'll have to wait until someone plugs in a hair dryer into the plug and reports back what happens ?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Can anyone explain to me what this means?
With the tailgate up, the R1T bed measures 54'', with a 45.5'' overhang past the rear tires
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I just don't get it. Surely they're not saying the bed is nearly 4 feet from the wheels back with the tailgate up, right? Just looking at the picks it looks like 2 feet or less. I'm confused ?.

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
Not impressed with the standard tonneau cover breaking down into four pieces and storing in the gear tunnel. Though this is a better option than stacking accordion-style and blocking the rear window.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

More like it offers a "fix" to an addict... a calming peaceful feeling.
Unfortunately, just like the real thing, the euphoria is too fleeting.

of course, this leaves unanswered last week's media post about something in So.Cal
THIS GUY IS SPEAKING FACTS

Consider this addict relieved...ish
Sponsored