Sponsored
OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Any updates on your experience with the Falken Ziex tires? They seem to be the best fit for a 20 inch road tire matching the OEM load and speed ratings. I am in the process of putting 20" wheels on the truck coming from 21s to avoid costly tire swaps. Was planning to run with the Pirelli ATs for a while to see if I can live with the range hit. If I can live with the range hit ATs cause I'll probably end up with a slightly heavier KO2 for the looks and durability. But I make enough day trips at the limit of the trucks current (on 21s) range, I suspect I will be looking for a lower cost all season road tire and those Falkens seem pretty appealing if they perform well.
so I actually swapped back to my pirellis as3s to just test to see if there are any differences in noise, feel and efficiency and I will have to say that the falkens feel ever so slightly more comfortable soaking up bumps just a tad bit better. however there was about a 1-2 dbs difference between the 2 pirellis being the quieter tire but to my ears it was not very noticeable and the sound meter was from an app on my samsung s23 ultra. the noise difference I would have to say was more in the frequency than actual loudness for me ears.

with efficiency the pirellis seem to be more efficient but i still need to drive on the falkens more to really gauge the difference. I will say though that pirellis I was able to get 2.7 miles/kw on 70F days but havent been able to get that with the falkens...only able to get roughly 2.4-2.5 when weather has been 70F. Also the falkens seem to weigh a bit more also at least on paper...falkens at 46lbs and pirellis at 38lbs...I have weighed the 20 ats with pirellis at 75.5lbs so we will see when i weigh the 20 darks with falkens. original 21s were 79.5lbs

anyone know if there is any weight difference between the 20 ats and darks? just the wheels? the darks with falkens did feel quite a bit heavier when i was swapping between the 2 so maybe there is an 8 lbs diffenece.

let me know if you guys want any more info...i cant do anymore testing though as I have recently sold the wheels.
Sponsored

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Just for S%#T's and Giggles, I too got my T with 21's and I built a budget AT setup for off roading. Since the OE Pirelli's are SO expensive I have been considering building a second set of All-Seaons on 20" wheels and going with this tire. Glad to hear your feedback!

For those wondering on the cost savings end of things: 4 OE Pirelli's will run you about $1898 Tires + M & B. I can create a DIY setup, wheels, tires, tpms, M&B much like my AT setup for $1600 - 2k. Then the second time I replace these the Falkens we are discussing above are only about $950 all in with a M&B included. Saving me about $1000 every time I need tires.

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Just for S%#T's and Giggles, I too got my T with 21's and I built a budget AT setup for off roading. Since the OE Pirelli's are SO expensive I have been considering building a second set of All-Seaons on 20" wheels and going with this tire. Glad to hear your feedback!

For those wondering on the cost savings end of things: 4 OE Pirelli's will run you about $1898 Tires + M & B. I can create a DIY setup, wheels, tires, tpms, M&B much like my AT setup for $1600 - 2k. Then the second time I replace these the Falkens we are discussing above are only about $950 all in with a M&B included. Saving me about $1000 every time I need tires.
Any links on wheel and tire. I have about 5000 miles left on my 21" and I am thinking about doing the 20" swap.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
anyone know if there is any weight difference between the 20 ats and darks? just the wheels? the darks with falkens did feel quite a bit heavier when i was swapping between the 2 so maybe there is an 8 lbs diffenece.
Rivian 20" ATs are 35.7 lbs (EV Sportline's data). The bright and dark 20" are said to be around 41.4 lbs (from someone on reddit). The factory Pirelli 275/65R20s are 48 lbs, per Pirelli.
Sponsored