Sponsored

Did anyone get sent some swag from Rivian??

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Just mentioning since the texting came.up. I had texted my guide literally twice since I was assigned a couple of months ago and nothing (he did reply to my email) Then my steps opened last week and I texted again and nothing. He then called me because he noticed I was doing the steps. Said he had not gotten the texts and gave me a different number to text him and said he had some issues with the text porting correctly. We have traded many texts since.

If no reply from guides via text you might try email or phone and verify. I'm sure they are slammed though.

Love the Starbucks card idea.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Typically CS and guides may send things over after a nice convo or as a nice gesture if there are some unexpected circumstances causing delays etc and you’re understanding about it all. So congrats enjoy 😊
I got a MiiR water bottle after a great conversation with CS rep early on in my process.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Nothing here. My swag shelf is bare.

Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
...I still wish I could get an actual answer to my revised delivery date instead of “it’s based on configuration, order date and location.”
But that IS how it works - have you looked at the Tableau dashboard? First thing is, they gotta make your configuration. I was RC/FE and then they decided to not make that. So having a common configuration is important.

Order date I suspect you already know - it's roughly a queue.

And that leaves location. That dashboard shows where they are not delivering significant number of cars - for multiple reasons (state sales process, having a SC, smoothing demand at an SC, transportation).

But a certain percentage of folks (myself included) end up with Shop access. That sorta takes configuration out of the picture but still leaves order date and location.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
As a result of a delayed pickup (due to wanting 3 month insurance binder, apparently due to MI registration processing delays), my guide sent me a blue MiiR water bottle and t-shirts for me and my wife. Unfortunately, my t-shirt says "Normal" on it, so I'll probably get in trouble for false advertising at some point.

Runner4life

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 WRX
Occupation
Biology Teacher
But that IS how it works - have you looked at the Tableau dashboard? First thing is, they gotta make your configuration. I was RC/FE and then they decided to not make that. So having a common configuration is important.

Order date I suspect you already know - it's roughly a queue.

And that leaves location. That dashboard shows where they are not delivering significant number of cars - for multiple reasons (state sales process, having a SC, smoothing demand at an SC, transportation).

But a certain percentage of folks (myself included) end up with Shop access. That sorta takes configuration out of the picture but still leaves order date and location.
Wow! Thanks for showing me this. I had no idea it existed and am please to see a clear outline of estimates. After searching through the data, for Oregon specifically, I noticed that folks with a similar preorder date 5/1/21 have estimates in fall 2023. My current delivery date from rivian is Oct-Dec. 2024… not shown on the tableau dashboard- even with similar configurations. Not really the thread to complain more about dates but thanks anyways!… I wish I got that sweet backpack and water bottles instead of a hat… that looks awesome!

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I got a water bottle last year and a frameable drawing of a Rivian back in 2019. The water bottle came with quite a pretentious card describing the different colors that Rivian uses.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
wow this s a *good* haul
Sure was, I dealt with some delays when I was scheduled to get my truck and then it was damaged on the way of them bringing it to me. I kept a positive and friendly demeanor throughout the whole thing and my guide rewarded me.

I quite like what I got not because it was some good stuff, even though it absolutely was. I like it because it’s a reminder that while you can’t always choose what happens to you your attitude through it IS a choice and that choice affects others.

Although I’m aware this is going to sound really corny and cliche the thing that makes me the happiest about the swag I received was seeing that my remaining positive and helpful instead of mean and nasty had a positive impact on others.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I guess I got lucky. After a conversation with a CS representative shortly after our pre-order we got some water bottles and pins (this was before the gear shop). Then after some service and titling issues my guide sent 4 t-shirts.

OP
OP
SDH

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I guess I got lucky. After a conversation with a CS representative shortly after our pre-order we got some water bottles and pins (this was before the gear shop). Then after some service and titling issues my guide sent 4 t-shirts.
... and did it make you feel a little less put out about having to send your R1 to the SC? I'm betting it did. Often it's the thought that counts.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
... and did it make you feel a little less put out about having to send your R1 to the SC? I'm betting it did. Often it's the thought that counts.
For sure, but it wasn't really sending it to the SC that was troublesome, it was dealing with rental car companies, the damage that occurred in transit and then the several service calls (thankfully mobile) that had to be done to correct the damage. Honestly I was happy to have the truck, my wife was a little more put off by the service experience, so I think it helped ease her frustration.
Sponsored