Just spoke with my Guide, late February delivery for R1T

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I haven't posted on here much, I haven't had much to post (been reading a lot though). But I just spoke with my Guide and my truck is on a train from IL and expected at the end of February to the Costa Mesa delivery center. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13, picked out a completely different config than what I had ordered on 1/20 and completed most of the 8 steps. So now it's just a waiting game. It's a bit longer than I was thinking it would take, but whatever, I made it 48 years without an R1T, another couple weeks will be fine.

I selected a triple black combination with 20" AT's. I don't know why I would do the black on black because I hate maintaining black vehicles and it'll be 1000 degrees in the summer here, but it just looked so good in the configurator. I really wanted the manual tonneau which the new config doesn't have, but my Guide assured me that it will be available soon in the Gear Shop and that I will get the old pricing on it.

Thanks @jebinc for the nudge on making the purchase. At least I think thanks, I guess it all depends on how much I like the truck!
Sponsored

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
I haven't posted on here much, I haven't had much to post (been reading a lot though). But I just spoke with my Guide and my truck is on a train from IL and expected at the end of February to the Costa Mesa delivery center. I was given access to the R1 Shop on 1/13, picked out a completely different config than what I had ordered on 1/20 and completed most of the 8 steps. So now it's just a waiting game. It's a bit longer than I was thinking it would take, but whatever, I made it 48 years without an R1T, another couple weeks will be fine.

I selected a triple black combination with 20" AT's. I don't know why I would do the black on black because I hate maintaining black vehicles and it'll be 1000 degrees in the summer here, but it just looked so good in the configurator. I really wanted the manual tonneau which the new config doesn't have, but my Guide assured me that it will be available soon in the Gear Shop and that I will get the old pricing on it.

Thanks @jebinc for the nudge on making the purchase. At least I think thanks, I guess it all depends on how much I like the truck!
We’re probably on the same train from Normal, mine for pickup at El Segundo SC sometime in Feb (I hope🤞) before the new IRS guidance on tax rebates. Still getting my color + 20” tires (that I didn’t really care about as I’d rather have more range) and without all my desired options.

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We’re probably on the same train from Normal mine for pickup at El Segundo SC sometime in Feb (I hope🤞) before the new IRS guidance on tax rebates. Still getting my color + 20” tires (that I didn’t really care about as I’d rather have more range) and without all my desired options.
That's one slooowwww train we're likely on!

Yeah, I'm really curious about the IRS guidance as well...it would be really nice to be able to get the pre-2023 rebate, otherwise I'm SOL due to the income cap. But I'm at old pricing so I'm still happy enough either way.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

It will be good! But, black on black in SoCal..... Not sure how sound that judgement was! :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So remember it’s @jebinc ’s fault you are out there wiping off your triple black truck 1000 times a week.

I just want to know how you made it 48 years without an R1T?🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So remember it’s @jebinc ’s fault you are out there wiping off your triple black truck 1000 times a week.

Get a "California duster".... unless you're not a fan of swirls...

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I'd like to blame @jebinc but he get a silver one, which prompted me to change to silver when I saw a pic. But then the triple black one showed up and all hope was lost.

The 48 years was easy...I just filled it in with a wide variety of other cars and motorcycles. Now I'm fully expecting the R1T to be the Holy Grail of vehicles and save me from ever wasting another dime on any others. And if it doesn't work our precisely this way, THAT I can blame on @jebinc :like:

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'd like to blame @jebinc but he get a silver one, which prompted me to change to silver when I saw a pic. But then the triple black one showed up and all hope was lost.

The 48 years was easy...I just filled it in with a wide variety of other cars and motorcycles. Now I'm fully expecting the R1T to be the Holy Grail of vehicles and save me from ever wasting another dime on any others. And if it doesn't work our precisely this way, THAT I can blame on @jebinc :like:
Should have stuck to the LA Sliver, as I had recommended.... :tumbleweed::ninja:😆

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Get a "California duster".... unless you're not a fan of swirls...
Those are great. I had one with my last black truck. Even kept it under the rear seat so I could just pull it out when I had 5 minutes of down time. Then I realized how often I was doing it and asked if I needed to check myself into a treatment center 😵

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Should have stuck to the LA Sliver, as I had recommended.... :tumbleweed::ninja:😆
I tried, but none showed in the Shop. I showed incredible strength and resilience for an entire week. Far beyond what any one man can normally muster. Then I caved like a cowardly weakling when I saw that config.

But I don't care, it looks sick! 😁
Sponsored