Sponsored

8 Rivian Chargers being installed in Huntersville NC!

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
One of the guys I work with son recently got an internship with Rivian. He just texted me to say that that 8 Rivian chargers are being installed at the REI in Huntersville. This is only 5 miles from the house.
Rivian R1T R1S 8 Rivian Chargers being installed in Huntersville NC! 2D01D9C2-4F30-4764-A723-D7F17D61FFB0
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lysdexic

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Rivian R1T R1S 8 Rivian Chargers being installed in Huntersville NC! F7627203-8215-4478-91DA-45635658DEBB

Cary Hawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T El Cap/22/OC
Clubs

This is great news. Can we get some in destinations that desperately need charging for adventure vehicles.....Outer banks, Wilmington (charging desert), Carolina Beach / Fort Fischer, Linville Recreation area, Lake James State Park, etc.?

OP
OP
Lysdexic

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Right? I do find it odd, even disingenuous, to place 8 RAN chargers smack dab in upper middle class suburbia.

However, they serving their targeted market -REI customers.

Any chargers are better than none. Many R1s will transverse this ground at the intersection of I85 and I77 on long trips.

plus, this location may represent low hanging fruit compared to installs in remote locations.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
They place the RAN chargers where there is suitable power supply. I believe this was always supposed to be the case. The Waypoint Chargers are what you will find in "adventure areas" where your truck would sit for hours to charge while you hike, explore, etc.

Good to see more expansion. I see this one is already on the community generated map, though it is definitely further along than the reference source from October 2022.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...J&ll=35.77361857525605,-80.33696323402444&z=8

Sponsored

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
this is great news. Hopefully Greenville REI is next on the list. Would make sense as it is a major intersection between 85 and 385.

Would be a huge hub for majority of the region...

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

this is great news. Hopefully Greenville REI is next on the list. Would make sense as it is a major intersection between 85 and 385.

Would be a huge hub for majority of the region...
My understanding from the RAN specific thread is that the templated Greenville RAN is farther up 85 North of the 385 interchange, not at that REI.

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My understanding from the RAN specific thread is that the templated Greenville RAN is farther up 85 North of the 385 interchange, not at that REI.

I'll take what I can get. Coming from Charleston this is our charge stop before we dive into the mountains, over to Clemson, or continue on up to Asheville.

The EA station in off of Woodruff Rd is really the only option in the area, but our last 3 uses we had to queue up for a spot and the location doesn't really offer a lot to do for 30-45 minutes while we recharge. Khols and Sams Club are just not fun...

It is more convenient than the Tesla SC in the hotel parking lot, but at least there we could walk to REI and Whole Foods and meet our crunchy granola family quota for the day.

I'd love to see something in a parking deck DT Greenville near the Zoo. That would be a really fun area to kill an hour with our young child.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'll take what I can get. Coming from Charleston this is our charge stop before we dive into the mountains, over to Clemson, or continue on up to Asheville.

The EA station in off of Woodruff Rd is really the only option in the area, but our last 3 uses we had to queue up for a spot and the location doesn't really offer a lot to do for 30-45 minutes while we recharge. Khols and Sams Club are just not fun...

It is more convenient than the Tesla SC in the hotel parking lot, but at least there we could walk to REI and Whole Foods and meet our crunchy granola family quota for the day.

I'd love to see something in a parking deck DT Greenville near the Zoo. That would be a really fun area to kill an hour with our young child.
I'm well acquainted with the Woodruff EA unfortunately. From the other thread it does look like there is a Duck Donuts right by the templated RAN location, so that could be nice for a 20 minute pitstop. Not exactly on the way to the mountains if you're coming up from Charleston but better than the alternative.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm well acquainted with the Woodruff EA unfortunately. From the other thread it does look like there is a Duck Donuts right by the templated RAN location, so that could be nice for a 20 minute pitstop. Not exactly on the way to the mountains if you're coming up from Charleston but better than the alternative.
From my memory of Pelham Rd., getting to that Duck Donuts might be an adventure. I'm not sure it has a pedestrian crossing signal. Been a while since I've been there, so it might have changed, but Chick-fil-a, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, or one of the other options on the same side might be the safer choice.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

From my memory of Pelham Rd., getting to that Duck Donuts might be an adventure. I'm not sure it has a pedestrian crossing signal. Been a while since I've been there, so it might have changed, but Chick-fil-a, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, or one of the other options on the same side might be the safer choice.
Who doesn't want a real life game of Frogger to entertain themselves while charging? Who needs in vehicle entertainment when you have that!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Who doesn't want a real life game of Frogger to entertain themselves while charging? Who needs in vehicle entertainment when you have that!
Oh, good news! I just looked, and there IS a crosswalk. Not both directions, but at least to get you across Pelham itself. Looks like there's even a button to call up the pedestrian cycle for the intersection!

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

One of the guys I work with son recently got an internship with Rivian. He just texted me to say that that 8 Rivian chargers are being installed at the REI in Huntersville. This is only 5 miles from the house.
2D01D9C2-4F30-4764-A723-D7F17D61FFB0.jpeg
When will this one be opened?
Sponsored