Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have a Volvo XC60 right now with the Bowers and Wilkins and I do not like it. Too 'tinny' to my ears. No matter what setting I put it on, I can't get it to something I like to listen to.
I have the HK in my XC60. It’s okay. Not the best system, but far from the worst. B&W sounds better, imo. Have you tried adjusting the EQ settings, individually? Or are you just trying presets?
Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

If we stayed on topic, there would be no responses to these kind of posts. :)

I mean, it is a simple fact, Rivian is using Meridian. What's to discuss?
They lowered the speaker count.

The total watts has been lowered.

I’m sure there are 3 more things we could find.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
They lowered the speaker count.

The total watts has been lowered.

I’m sure there are 3 more things we could find.
Speaker count for the R1T actually went up by one, 18 —> 19. The R1S did decrease though, 22 —> 20.

Also interesting that the R1T has 200W less power than the R1S. I suppose it’s a smaller cabin to have to fill with sound

Last edited:

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
I used to have an Acura TL, 2005, that supported DVD-Audio...not the same as audio from a DVD ( DVD-Audio - Wikipedia ) for true multi-channel sound from discs with that format. Man, it sounded great. Obviously, I don't expect a CD/DVD-A player in the R1T, but there are hi-rez, multi-channel audio formats out there with downloadable content. Would be nice if some of these were supported.
Amazon Music HD will no doubt be one of the supported hi rez services for sure. That and Spotify who will go Hi Rez this year too and is everyone's favorite user interface of the bunch.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
*Warning Off Topic Post*
I hate the cheap garbage mesh net crap shown below. It will inevitably hold dirt be difficult to clean and relax over time to become useless. If furthermore reminds me of something from an early 2000's suzuki sidekick. It has no place belonging in a so called premium interior and directly contradicts what we are being told about scrutinizing the selection of interior materials. I'm interested to hear what reasoning could be behind not delivering what has been shown for well over year in demo R1's other than this was a conscious effort to cheapen the product. I will probably copy and paste this post in an e-mail to CS.
Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1615226332394

Sponsored

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
*Warning Off Topic Post*
I hate the cheap garbage mesh net crap shown below. It will inevitably hold dirt be difficult to clean and relax over time to become useless. If furthermore reminds me of something from an early 2000's suzuki sidekick. It has no place belonging in a so called premium interior and directly contradicts what we are being told about scrutinizing the selection of interior materials. I'm interested to hear what reasoning could be behind not delivering what has been shown for well over year in demo R1's other than this was a conscious effort to cheapen the product. I will probably copy and paste this post in an e-mail to CS.
1615226332394.png
Under promise and over deliver. ?

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
*Warning Off Topic Post*
1615226332394.png
Completely agree. We had an earlier discussion in this thread about this exact topic.

My Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee have this same material and it does relax over time and sags, which looks cheap...

Update us with what CS responds to your inquiry.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I think anyone who is unhappy with the cheapness of the netting should let CS know via email or chat. It may not matter, but it couldn't hurt.

Meanwhile, I'll add this to my every growing mental list of over-promised and under-delivered.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Glad to see my objections are not completely irrational.
* On Topic*
I am excited for the Meridian sound system in contrast to the previous post it sounds likely to be overdelivered.

Sponsored

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I think anyone who is unhappy with the cheapness of the netting should let CS know via email or chat. It may not matter, but it couldn't hurt.

Meanwhile, I'll add this to my every growing mental list of over-promised and under-delivered.
FWIW, I asked CS about this last week and provided pictures for clarity. They basically said the pocket with buckle/clip like you see in the configurator “are here to stay” but did also note that there are some accent trim differences in the pocket between the Launch/Adventure editions and the Explore edition.

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
FWIW, I asked CS about this last week and provided pictures for clarity. They basically said the pocket with buckle/clip like you see in the configurator “are here to stay” but did also note that there are some accent trim differences in the pocket between the Launch/Adventure editions and the Explore edition.
When I first saw this Meridian photo I was also concerned. But based on that response from CS and a quick image search, I see no Rivian photos that share the same low quality elastic as shown by Meridian. Any Rivian photos have the buckle/clip style shown below, clearly with a buckle on both ends.

So not sure where the Meridian photo came from but there is no buckle in their photo so I expect the below is the true version (or closer to true representation).

Rivian R1T R1S Official Meridian - Rivian Announcement 1615237075634

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
I suspect the cheaper netting might be present on the Explore trim level, what with it being the “budget” trim and all

Alternatively, might just be pre-production netting that doesn’t represent the final product

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I suspect the cheaper netting might be present on the Explore trim level, what with it being the “budget” trim and all

Alternatively, might just be pre-production netting that doesn’t represent the final product
Would be true of the Explorer package if not for the Meridian door speaker which can’t be had on an Explorer-trimmed R1.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Ah, didn’t know you could equip the upgraded audio on the lower trims.

Well, then my money is on it just being a pre-production quirk
Sponsored