kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-4x, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad
Occupation
IT
https://www.meridian-audio.com/abou...-meridian-audio-for-electric-suvs-and-trucks/

British audio pioneer, Meridian Audio, is delighted to announce that it has been chosen by Rivian, the adventurous new electric vehicle maker and technology company, to provide the branded audio system for its electric vehicle platform. This exciting, long-term relationship sees the two companies working together to challenge convention and redefine the in-car audio experience for Rivian’s ground-breaking range of fully electric adventure vehicles.
Meridian has been collaborating with Rivian for more than 12 months and has been focussed on designing, engineering, and tuning high performance audio experiences that will embody Rivian’s ambitions to rethink mobility and shape the way people live, work, and play for the better.

1614663700267.png

R1T
1614987058827.png

1614986954617.png

R1S
1614987107463.png

1614987129969.png

Advertisement

Last edited:

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Reaction score
First Name
Zak
Vehicles
2018 XC60 T8, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS
Occupation
Student
See, I have to assume that Rivian authorised Meridian to make this announcement. So I’m really getting the sense that Rivian must be gearing up for an info-dump relatively soon

DB-EV

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
See, I have to assume that Rivian authorised Meridian to make this announcement. So I’m really getting the sense that Rivian must be gearing up for an info-dump relatively soon
I agree Rivian authorized it (this must be spelled out in their agt). It seems to me that Rivian is increasing the info flow (though to me it seems like a trickle). We all wait patiently (or impatiently). : )

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Me now:
9aa208c2ae94b213d9a34e11d1edc839.gif

Me with Rivian info:
200 (1).gif

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Reaction score
First Name
Duck
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Those noisy 20-inch All-Terrain Pirellis don't stand a chance! Queue up Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55!"

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Kia Niro EV...R1T on order
Occupation
retired
I used to have an Acura TL, 2005, that supported DVD-Audio...not the same as audio from a DVD ( DVD-Audio - Wikipedia ) for true multi-channel sound from discs with that format. Man, it sounded great. Obviously, I don't expect a CD/DVD-A player in the R1T, but there are hi-rez, multi-channel audio formats out there with downloadable content. Would be nice if some of these were supported.

Jsidell

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, R1T LE Preorder
Occupation
Product Marketing
I used to have an Acura TL, 2005, that supported DVD-Audio...not the same as audio from a DVD ( DVD-Audio - Wikipedia ) for true multi-channel sound from discs with that format. Man, it sounded great. Obviously, I don't expect a CD/DVD-A player in the R1T, but there are hi-rez, multi-channel audio formats out there with downloadable content. Would be nice if some of these were supported.
I had the exact same 2005 Acura TL. Black with the camel interior, phew loved that car!
The ELS sound system you’re referring to was ahead of its time! Would be great if they supported that, but everything’s now compressed audio on streaming services :(

Jsidell

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, R1T LE Preorder
Occupation
Product Marketing
CFF89EBE-6978-45A6-85DF-50541559FB6A.jpeg

I also couldn’t help but notice that in all the recent photos/videos (Wyoming Video especially) that the netting for the door bins is now this pictured above. Previously it had been the yellow clip with the solid piece of material in the configurator for both the Launch Edition and Adventure trims.

This loose netting isn’t visible anywhere in their photos online or in the configurator. Even the Explore trim interior has a clip and solid material in the door bin.

My only concern is that these netted door bins never hold their shape. I had to replace them in my Wrangler and GC due to sagging from use.

Anyone else got thoughts or notice this?

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
My only concern is that these netted door bins never hold their shape. I had to replace them in my Wrangler and GC due to sagging from use.

Anyone else got thoughts or notice this?
Agreed. That type of material never holds up, in my experience. It also looks cheap. The previous design felt "different" and more "adventure"-oriented.

I really hope Rivian hasn't cost-analyzed all their quirks and "coolness" out of the R1T.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I noticed that too and totally agree, not a fan of the look or practicality of the net type. The others even had a zipper at the bottom for easy removal or cleaning and I thought that was an innovative touch. And it looked much more refined & suiting for a vehicle in this price range.

Advertisement

Advertisement