First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Why again can’t this be purchased for the truck?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Why again can’t this be purchased for the truck?
Give me a full size spare every time. I doubt much useful cargo space would be gained with a donut in the R1Ts spare carrier.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Give me a full size spare every time. I doubt much useful cargo space would be gained with a donut in the R1Ts spare carrier.
Oh I agree. I’ve got a full size spare in my configuration. But for those who don’t off-road or cannot get a full size spare because of supply issues, this would (should) be an affordable alternative.

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I had this style of spare in my Touareg. It was a dumpster fire because the beads wouldn't seat and take pressure because of how it was folded in on itself. Almost stranded us until the truck stop we were lucky enough to stop at utilized 4 dudes, 2 air compressors, and a compressed air cannon finally got the bead to seat.

Had the kids and dog in 42C heat

Never again.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Oh I agree. I’ve got a full size spare in my configuration. But for those who don’t off-road or cannot get a full size spare because of supply issues, this would (should) be an affordable alternative.
If I drive 150 miles in a day but all my driving is within 20 miles of my house, I don’t need to carry a full size spare. In an emergency it’s faster and easier to wrangle with a compact spare, get to where I need to and then deal with the rest after I get home.

Id still rather have a full size, especially on longer trips. But I can see a justification for a smaller one.

Sponsored

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

I can’t do a R1S until a third party vendor creates a rear swing out tire carrier for a full size spare. Rivian missed the mark on this one if they are trying to advertise as a true adventure vehicle. So I’ll stick to the R1t for now.

Even if I could get off the trail with that blow up spare, last thing I want is a dirty full size flat tire/wheel occupying cargo space when I’ve already got my off-roading and camping gear in the back.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

so its an inflatable tire. does anyone know if the wheel/rim the same as the other 4 wheels?

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Nice find, thanks for sharing.

I had to look up how it would compare visually, and stumbled on https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Compared to 20" All-Terrain
1660877854668.png

Compared to 21" All-Season
1660877922999.png

Compared to 22" Sport
1660877999587.png
I guess that's the beauty of 4 independent motors. Wonder how the quickly the truck figures out which corner you put the retarded tire on, or will there be a setting for that in the R1S?

Edit: wonder what happens when the dual motor trucks arrive and you have one motor driving the whole axle?
Sponsored